Hey Honey,
Sorry again about the short call today. As I mentioned, your opinionated daughter insisted on walking home. I thought we had more time and figured that a good run would wear here out. :)
We went to story time as usual. Noelle was NOT very well behaved and had to go tell Elisha sorry after wards. I had promised her that she could ride the trolley bus again so afterward we went for a few laps around the mall in it. Noelle waved at everyone and called the old Asian men, "Grandpa's."
After her nap I intended to just stay home, but she didn't sleep that long and I was feeling very groggy. Plus I had the house spotless and I didn't want to mess it up. So I spontaneously decided to take Noelle to Ko olina. The clouds were out, so it was a bit cold, but it felt really refreshing. Noelle played in the sand for a long time and the waves were so non-exisitant, and the Lagoon we went to was so shallow that I actually waded out and swam while she played on the shore. (I promise, it was safe) Noelle made me laugh while we were playing with the sand. She had her purple bucket and kept wanting to give me sand for "my" bucket. I said, "I don't have a bucket" so she dumped her bucket in my.....er.....basket. :) I was a bit surprised and she just laughed and said, "Sorry sorry sorry" and then wanted to help me scoop it out. What a kiddo. She also kept telling me, "Stay RIGHT here." I guess she has heard that a lot from me.
The other thing that she must have picked up from me was, "Oh goodness." We were sitting on the beach and she started to do the pee dance. Before I could say anything she looked up at me and said, "Oh goodness. I just peed." She said it clear as day. Honestly, how can I not laugh at that!
After our lips started turning blue we rinsed off, but the sun hadn't set and it was so pretty. So we decided to go for a walk around Ko olina. We actually went and watched part of the Luau and walked around the hotel. It is a really nice hotel, and it was so peaceful. I felt like I was on vacation because I had no where to be and could just enjoy the sunset and the perfect weather.
We came home for a late dinner of left-overs. (Another perk....I haven't cooked in days! AND I haven't had to do hardly any dishes!) Noelle kept saying, "Yum yum yum. I LOVE pickles." Even when she was eating carrots and celery. She is turning into quite the thespian!
We still miss you a lot. It seems hardest for Noelle at times that you are usually there. She really wanted to call you before bed (obviously we couldn't) so I let her call Jesse. His answering machine picked up and she was so sad. I feel the same way. Even though we are staying busy I miss being able to talk with you and even those super wet kisses where you swallow my lips. :) I might even let you give me one of those when you get back.
LOVE
Your biggest fan. EVER.
1 comment:
I hope these chronicles are not just for Jason because they are funny! It sounds like you and the cute kid are making the most of your time alone. I love Noelle's outlook on life! (And yours.)
Post a Comment