Hey my honey,
(Said in best Noelley voice): You ok? How was the flight? How is Japan? How is "The Artist Way"? (wink wink).
We have survived without you--but it has been painful. I love you too much to have you away from me!
After saying goodbye we wandered around the airport. I used my best Indian tracking skills to find our way back. I was only lost for about two minutes, but carrying a kid made it feel like twenty. :) We got to the car and Noelle FLIPPED OUT. She did not want to sit in her car seat--she wanted to sit in DAD"S SEAT! I tried the jam her in method (she is surprisingly strong....) I tried the bribery method (I don't think she was even listening) and then I just tried the "hold her kicking and screaming until she wears herself out method. Once I got her in the car she zonked. This is an important detail for later...
Once at home we tidied up a bit and then sat down for lunch and then....nap time. I put her in her "tent" per request. An hour later she opened the door looking like Kat VonDee the tattoo artist. Apparently there was a pen in her room......She slept the rest of the time in her crib.
After her nap we went to Costco. OH HOW I AM BEGINNING TO HATE COSTCO! First, there was NO parking. NONE. Like I parked next to Jiffy Lube. THAT should have been a sign. However, I really needed things for tomorrow so I just hiked my little pregnant belly all the way back to Costco with a shopping cart. Things did NOT get better once I was inside. Oh my poop stained underwear!!! (Noelle says that now about ten times a day as if she has Torret Syndrome. Out of the blue she said says, "poop stains!")
I think EVERY sample lady ever hired was working and every family in Hawaii was using that as their dinner of choice. We only had a couple of items to get (milk was almost five bucks....crooks....) so EVEN I was avoiding the samples. This didn't mean that I was free of them. Oh no. Every time I was standing near one people were pushing and shoving for mozzarella sticks and pot-stickers then standing there blocking the isle so they could burn their tongues and eat them. I kind of lost my cool. You would have been embarrassed to be with me, so its probably good you weren't because at one point I said very loudly, "ITS JUST FREE FRIED CHEMICALS ON A STICK! SAME THING YOU HAVE IN YOUR CART! ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVEN"T SEEN FREE FOOD BEFORE!"
I know, this from me, the sample connoisseur. That's what happens to me when you are gone.
Noelle and I had a good dinner (left-overs) and then she disappeared. Turns out this was one of those real Poop Stain moments. I just can't figure it out. I have been feeding her string cheese for every meal. Shouldn 't that clog her up a bit? She was admittedly a bit funny when I found her swirling her "poop stained" underwear in the toilet. (She also had the grossest brown buns I have ever seen...) She looked up at me and said, "Naughty girl. Five minutes in the chair ok?" and then kept swirling her underwear.
She just went to bed but has been asking when you are coming home. Its kind of heartbreaking.
That is about all for today. Mandi called on your phone to wish you a safe and fun trip.
I will try and email you every day just so you don't miss out on any of the fun poop stain stories. I miss you and love you a ton!!!! I wish I had someone to keep me awake to work on my lesson. :(
Love you big!
No comments:
Post a Comment