I went to the Dr. Today. It's so much fun with a two year old in tow.
Have you ever tried explaining to a two year old why you are peeing in a cup? Or keeping her from opening the door while you do it? Or explaining that the cups are not for drinking out of? Or explaining why she doesn't get a turn?
Have you ever had to "sit" half naked with a little sheet as a cover while you wait for the doctor to come while your two year old searches the Dr's drawers and tries to use an EPI pen on you? The DR's knock gave me .5 seconds to act normal and try not to moon her. (Which...I shouldn't care anyway because then she does the tonsil examine.)
The result? I am only 1 1/2 cm. The doctor said, "I don't think you should plan on having the baby today. " I said, "How is Friday looking for you." :)
(See playlist #2)
Oh wait. Playlist #1. That is this months theme song. Its a squelching kind of song. It operates to squelch out frustrations about neighborhood robberies, failed house hunting exploits, and other life variables that we keep chasing and can never nail down.
In other news....
Health Care Passed. (See playlist #5)
The other songs have purpose too...but the mini mooner is awake so I guess I'll have to explain later.
5 comments:
Wow, you know your music! I imagine Noelle thinks Doctor visits are very interesting...with lots of fun new tools to play with. You can do this part...for it too shall pass and all these things will give you experience. Or, as I heard at a funeral today, "Adversity is supposed to make you stronger but it darn near killed me." (said by the deceased when he wasn't quite deceased and who used an equivelent of "darn.")
Haha, I did the cup peeing with Eliza not too long ago too and she was all about opening the door as well. I had her with me to go potty but then Brian was with me in the exam room. Unfortunately, the Dr. planned on doing a repeat pap smear that day so that time was spent with Brian trying to keep Eliza's attention directed to the parking lot below. Hope everything works out and that 1 1/2cm turns to 10 soon!
HAhaha! I love that your playlist explained what you wanted to say! Just for fun I read Micah a part of your blog and then played the song and made him guess what song it was! So thanks for entertaining us for the night! And by the way Micah named all the songs- can you tell he listens to music all day at work.
And I would have had to try and keep Tai out of everything, but my dr's office doesn't allow kids! Isn't that crazy! So when I was pregnant with Kua I had to get a babysitter every time, which I would have preferred playing keep- Tai- out- of- the- dr's- stuff than try to find a sitter! But good luck with the next couple weeks! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Congrats, Linds, you're doing great!! I'm so proud of you, I hated being pregnant in the summers - and yes, I realize it's March, but Hawaii = summer. So good work, you!
This could be construed as applicable in the pregnancy destination, couldn't it/ (I saw it on Saturday last week):
SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE. (except in a real race.)
I guess we all get to be happy with the status, Finisher. eh?
WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK?? I know you already told me, and I think you said June...right? Are you packing? Where are you going to live, etc.?
oh my goodness you crack me up! I can totally feel your pain about the Dr.'s office with 2 yr olds!
Post a Comment