
Things were going relativly well (Noelle doesn't really obey...EVER) when we decided to get some action shots.

While doing this: (above) we heard a pop. Then Noelle started to cry. Well, crying isn't really an uncommon feature with Noelle (look at her wrong? Cry) so we just told her to shake it off. She continued to whimper.

This photo has her kind of smiling, but notice her holding her arm? There are other photo's where she is even more upset but I hate looking at them.
(GUILT GUILT GUILT)
The photo-shoot ended then. (All ten minutes of it) and we tried to console Noelle. WE put her down for a nap hoping she would feel better when she woke, but she woke up and refused to use her arm at all.
My mom was hosting relief society luncheon and the women INSISTED on seeing my kids so I brought Noelle down to the party.
There is this lady in our town that is kind of like the town medicine man. (Woman). I call her the witch doctor because I can never remember her name. ANYWAY.....the witch doctor has a wannabe apprentice who decided she needed to solve Noelle's arm problem. All the LEAFY LADIES (Relief Society women) encouraged her so she did this mumbo jumbo to Noelle and told me she had "fixed it."
Noelle had stopped crying, but I think it was just because the lady was freaking her out.
I went back inside and we made a quick assessment that it was NOT Fixed so we carefully loaded up Noelle and took her to the Dr's.
THe nurses took Noelle (who still refused to use the arm) back into the x-ray room where the x-ray techs insisted that I hold her arm in this really uncomfortable manner so that they could get a picture. Each time they took an x-ray Noelle would cry and move her arm. Finally the x-ray tech forced her arm in a funny position and held it there herself. Noelle's eyes got really wide and I thought she was in a lot of pain, but she told the tech, "I am all better now."
I was sure she just didn't want to be touched but on the way out she started swinging her arms and sang "A B C D E F G H I J K L M NOP Q R S T U V WX RAY! Z. "
We waited in the room sheepishly because SUDDENLY Noelle was fine, and by find I mean she was tearing apart the room and trying to use all the Dr's tools.
It turns out her elbow had popped out and the x-ray tech accidentally got it back in.
All this was to explain whey I am hand drawing our pictures for you Christmas Card this year.
OIE.
5 comments:
Oh my word! Are you serious! What a sad tale! If I were you I would have been getting ready to punch the x-ray tech for hurting my little one further. Good thing she helped instead of hindered.
i do love your photos and I do hope you do more family photos, maybe just not a swinging one next time. I am glad that noelle is better!
That sorta cracks me up (because she's okay, of course). Getting pictures with kids is stressful. Going to the doctor with kids is stressful. Getting x-rays with kids is stressful. Kids are super wonderfully amazingly awesome, but man! They sure know how to add to my anxiety. :) Way to go x-ray tech!
I am so glad that the tech fixed her right up! It sure beats having Noelle in a cast for the next few weeks.
Okay so I'm going to stop swinging Eliza now. I'd heard that elbows and shoulders could pop out but didn't actually think it happened. I guess it does. I'm glad that she's feeling better and back to using her arm. She seems to have handled it really well.
Post a Comment