Life has been crazy busy. Moving, unpacking, plugging in, fixing, scheduling, registering etc...
Noelle and I both have a cold. When my nose runs my sarcasm dries out. Does this happen to anyone else?
We went to our friends house last night that we are house sitting for. Jason mowed the lawn and I did laundry and dishes. We didn't get finished until way past the kids bedtime and we were completely out of food at home so we swung by the grocery store for some ingredients. I ran in and Jason waited in the car.
I got in the car and said, "I bought a lottery ticket."
Jason: " You did not."
Me: "It was only five bucks and I saved that much in coupons"
Jason: "To blow it on a lottery ticket?"
Me: "Watch me win something."
Jason: "You didn't really buy a lottery ticket."
(He is starting to get realistically worried).
Me: "You're right. The guy in line ahead of me bought it for me."
Jason: "No way."
Me: "Yes way. How do you think I got it? I wouldn't ever really buy one. (Pause) Let's see what we are playing for....(reading) $250, 000 dollars in cash prices. We just have to scratch off the right three circles...(about to scratch)."
Jason: "WAIT! Why did he give you a ticket?"
Me: (I wiggle my eyebrows up and down but don't answer)"Should I try these three?"
Jason: "No. Scratch to see the prize first. He really just GAVE you a ticket?"
Me: "Crap. I messed it up all ready. Oh well. The prize was $1. There went my one chance to win the lottery....I think I'm hooked."
Jason: "Tell me again--how did you get the ticket?"
Me: (Smiling and unloading groceries) "You really don't know me at all..."
Jason: "Plain old chocolate ice cream? Didn't they have anything better? This is why I don't let you shop alone."
Me: (Handing him his cookies and cream) "No honey, this is why you LET me shop alone. His and Her's ice cream. Wasn't that thoughtful?"
(Later while eating ice cream)
Me: "Honey, I didn't really buy a lottery ticket. It was a grocery game."
Jason: "I know."
Me: "Thanks for pretending though. That was fun."
The End.
*Writers license employed. (I may or may not have rearranged the order of events to make retelling this incident interesting.)
4 comments:
I have no doubt your marriage is interesting :) And funny you mention buying a lottery ticket... I totally just had a day dream about buying one... must have been the drive through Franklin, Idaho "home of the Utah lottery". :) I was even planning what I'd do with all my winnings. It was a nice plan.
I have a nice plan too. Now i just need to win.
Fabulous writing, I love to read your stuff! I love my brother too, he's a fun person to be around. Give him a hug from me, and hug yourself too! I miss you guys:)
--Mandi
Love the story!! :)
Post a Comment