Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Best Nation in the world?

Imag * i * nation!

Yesterday Noelle kept talking to her shoulder, like she had a shoulder angel. Curious if she had schizophrenia or an imaginary friend I asked who she was talking to, "A baby marmoset. He is on my shoulder and he wants some fruit snacks."

Playing along I gave him pretend fruit snacks.

Noelle rolled her eyes and said, "He knows those aren't real mom."

Right. An imaginary-fruit-snack-eating marmoset would.


Prayers have also been very interesting around here. I could post one everyday, but that might get a little un-reverent.

Yesterday she chastised the missionaries in our ward through prayer, "And bless them, some they sit on a chair(timeout), they stole my boot!" (Indeed. They took her boot away from her in the car because she was EATING IT! Like she ate the crayons that are now melted on the seat, like she ate on of my BOOKS, like she eats everything...but food.)

This mornings prayer went like this, "And bless Daddy's ear, and bless it, Dustin in the mission field, my friends, and bless it, be good, the crackers, and bless it, mommy sleep good, and bless it....(For the record, its Dustin's ear and Ethan in the mission field, but Jason says his ears are feeling great so send in your request for miracle Max-elle's prayers because they work).

Now, a few of my snarky thoughts.

Since vinyl lettering won't go away anytime soon I have opened an etsy shop where you can buy one of my custom made thoughts on a scrap of wood that I have painted, and then sanded to look like it was out in a rainstorm. These are the thoughts currently on sale:

Home is where the mail is on the counter.

A Diet Coke a Day (only at the movies, between meals, eating out, when thirsty, or when hiding in closet with a 20 ouncer) Keeps the Doctor Away.

Picky-eaters hurt my self-esteem
(for the kitchen)


Friend are like flowers, don't pick them unless they fit your table scape

Nothing is yours unless you've blogged about it and posted in on facebook


If you want one send a check to my paypal account with the quote indicated, a color for the distressed wood, and your return address.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Barbie said...

I would like one of each of your vinal profoundities. Please distress my thouroughly and make them any color because I'm not really color coordinated here. I do love the thoughts though and may even give some as gifts.

Noelle is right up there on the IQ scale. Marmosets definately love fruit snacks!

Unknown said...

The vinyl lettering thoughts are hilarious! I want all of them too! Please sand the edges really well on mine because I want it to look really worn. We all know that kids trash everything anyway, so I want mine to look like my toddler has already gnawed off a corner. Eliza's prayers have been pretty interesting lately as well. They usually involve naming off everything in the room. She also has an imaginary friend, but nothing as cool as a fruit snack eating marmoset. Eliza's is a girl named Lola. Occasionally she'll look past me to talk to this other person and it freaks me out because I think someone else is in the house. Creepy!

Queen of the Castle said...

I want a board that says "My make believe marmoset knows that those make believe fruit snacks aren't real!" I'll hang it in the play room!

Brooke Snow said...

ha ha! Wonder if Deena and Johnny will come around soon with any real fruit snacks?