We went to the Renniasance Fair on Saturday. I let Noelle dress up in a fairy outfit. I know that doesn't REALLY fit in with a Renniasance fair, but last year there were people with horns and they weren't pretending to be Mormons. So she was a fairy. Right before we left she was distraught. "MOM! I NEEEEEED my Magicwand!" (She says it as one word and really fast.)
"Why do you need your magic wand?"
She held up her Thomas the train toy and said, "Because I need to turn Thomas into a fairy boy."
Fairy Boy? Aren't those only at BYU? (Drums-drums-cymbals!)
Noelle is getting quite the vocabulary. Her latest loves are the words: Surely, and Very.
"Mom. I very would like some choclatemilk."
"Mom. I sure would very like some choclatemilk."
I didn't say she used them correctly. Just that she uses them.
She also says thing like this when she knows she has done something naughty: "Mom. I am not ALL trouble." (shakes her head no) "No. I am not."
We also went swimming over the weekend for the last time since the pool is closing. I tried to explain that we don't swim in the winter but she didn't really get that because in her experience we DO swim during the winter. I tried to explain that it would be really cold and she said shrugging "Thats ok. I'll wear a jacket and a hat and gloves. Then my eyes will be cold, and my teeth will be cold, and my hair will be cold, and (holding her tongue) my tongue will be cold."
While we were on the subject of seasons I brought up Halloween. "What are you going to be for Halloween Noelle?"
Her grandma gave her a Snow white outfit she likes to wear. Remembering that Noelle responded, "I am going to be Snowwhite and the little snowmen."
What do you say Brooke. Could you lend us some snow boys to complete her costume?
In other news: Jadon thinks that he is Lord of the Dance when he takes a bath. He is also getting a tooth and not very happy about it. (But not nearly as not happy as his mom..........)
5 comments:
How fun!
what do horns have to do with Mormons? just curious.
How fun!
what do horns have to do with Mormons? just curious.
I'm glad you are writing down the funny things that Noelle says. You think you will always remember them and then "pouff" they are gone forever from your mind. I like her fairy costume and think it is pretty appropriate for a event like the fair.
Dasha, it is kind of a Mormon joke. Somewhere along the way someone (trying to frighten people off) said that Mormons grew horns.
At this festival people dressed up like Satyrs, thus the horns. Its kind of weird to see people with horns.
noelle is so funny!
And you can have a snow boy anytime! As long as you return him.
Post a Comment