St Patrick's Day. The holidays we celebrate are weird aren't they? Explaining the concept and all the connecting traditions to Noelle was a wee bit difficult. After her eyes glazed over on the whole Patrick story I switched to leprechauns. That just scared her. So I simplified even more and told her everyone who wasn't wearing green could be pinched.
Jadon woke up from his nap at this point. I lifted him out of his crib and Noelle punched him as hard as she could in his gut.
"NOELLE! WHY DID YOU PUNCH YOUR BROTHER?" I yelled, using my best inside-but-serious volume. (He was smiling so, gratefully, he wasn't really that offended).
"You said I could punch him!" Noelle retorted.
"I said you could pinch him, and only on St. Patrick's day, and only if he wasn't wearing green, and only then a nice little tickle pinch."
Noelle slapped her forehead and then drawled, "Oh yeeeeaaaahhhh."
Who needs leprechauns when you have munchkins?
PS Noelle has a new imaginary friend. Or at least Balu does. His name is Zach-ee-pete. (That's what I hear when Noelle says it, but when you ask her it sounds more like Zach--ee-sput-iago. "That's it mom. Thats his name. Zach-e-pilli-cashyo."
3 comments:
I think Noelle is onto something. St. Patty's would be a whole heckofa lot more exciting if we could go around punching people not wearing green.
My poor kids had no idea it was even a holiday because I completely forgot until the end of the day. Loved your story though.
Don't know if your mom told you yet, but we're expecting another girl in 11 weeks. Life is certainly busy!
Congrats AmberLynn! Wow!
Post a Comment