Friday, May 27, 2011

Life is tough, get a helmet....and other stories



I was sitting in the parking lot accross from Jason's job, reading a book, a classical music station cranked up, the window down, a baby snoring, and I couldn't figure out why everyone who passed me looked so happy as they passed.


Rain boots, sunglasses, and a helmet. She was waving and blowing kisses.


Many people who live here are on base are constantly trying to figure out a way to get bigger and better housing. We live in a small place, but truthfully I really love it. However, its made me sad that I haven't taken pictures of the other places we've lived. (The wood paneling in Iowa...the fans in each window in Hawaii....I've got some classy decorating edge that even I underappreciate!)

So, welcome to a tour of our house. I didn't clean before you came. (Okay, I did, but only as much as I could with two little tornados close on my heels).

Noelle's room



The kitchen. The table is pushed against the wall. When we have company over (okay, the missionaries) I sit on the counter, Jadon sits in his highchair, and everone else pretends to be one pant size smaller and sits around the table.

No. Those are not drop cloths they are couch covers.

Our entryway. Its missing one vital thing. A coat closet. Why?

We needed somewhere to put food.
I never posted a picture of Jadon opening his presents. Posted. Check.

Romp and Stomp





We have had some wonderful missionaries in our ward. We were really sad when Elder Young got transfered.


Bubble Buddies.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

I think that I would be happy to if I saw Noelle in a helmet and sunglasses and rainboots blowing me kisses! I love the pictures. I can't believe how the kids are growing. I also enjoyed the house tour.

Jen Jarrett said...

Your house is cute, your kids are cute. And it looks like u have had tons of adventures. What a life!

Brooke Snow said...

Cute house! And LOVE the pics of Noelle in the car with sun glasses and rain boots and a helmet! priceless!

I'll have to take some pics of Jacobs room! Ummm. he's 18 months and I just barely put the first things on his wall. Poor guy has had nothing to look at his entire life. I'm horrible. But now?!?!?!??! Guess what is on his wall? TEN BOOKS! Velcroed! All from D.I. in great condition with awesome illustrations on the covers :) It perked that little place up and all for a few dollars!

Lindsey said...

Great idea Brooke! Border's sells these big books in their Bargain section. I should have bought some before they went out of business because I always thought they would be fun to frame and hang on the wall.