Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A series of usual events.

  • On Friday I was on the phone for about three minutes. Jadon pulled a chair over to the sink was playing in the water. (Innocent...right?) Noelle had left a dishwashing tablet on the counter. Jadon ate it. Jason called poison control.
  • One minute later Noelle had an accident in the bathroom, slipped on the mess and her head hit the tile really hard. Jason was still on the phone with poison control. She was screaming so loud Jason had to go outside so they didn't think she was the child we were calling about. Oh, and Noelle had brought Jadon's Halloween constume into the bathroom with her that I was going to return because he hates it. I won't be returning it. (It was drenched in....stuff)
  • On Saturday we went to the library. Unbeknownst to me Noelle added a book to our pile that we checked out. When I found it she told me it was for her Dad. It is called, "A Cowboys Touch a Cowboy Romance". I don't think he plans on reading it.

  • On Sunday Jason and I gave talks. It was awesome. Jason's mom, sister, and grandparents tamed our children. I heard the whole meeting and didn't even mind that ten minutes of that was me gripping the podium. Noelle was ticked though. She wanted to know why they didn't ask her to speak.

  • The primary practiced the primary program on Sunday. We aren't going to be there for the real deal so they gave Noelle a one word part. She got up and spoke for a full three plus minutes about the scriptures, and stealing, and her buddy Braxton....We aren't sure the content in her talk wasn't apostate...but she got her message accross.

  • On Monday I went to the bathroom. (I also went on every other day of the week, but they don't have stories attached). I was gone two minutes tops. I came out to find that Jadon was shampooing and conditioning my living room carpet. It took seven towels, and a lot of frothing and scrubbing to get it all out.

  • On Tuesday Noelle made a beautiful picture with stickers she found. (Or so she told me). The picture was nice. I just wish she hadn't used $10 dollers worth of postage stamps to do it.

  • Last night we carved pumpkins. Jadon understood the concept better than I thought he would . He helped me scoop out all the guts and loved putting the top on and off. I carved a face and then went to get Noelle's pumpkin. While I was gone Jadon dumped all the guts from his pumpkin back in and put the top back on. I considered leaving it. Its the process that is important--right?

  • Noelle woke us up in the wee hours of the morning. She was hungry. I thought she went back to bed. She was in the kitchen making Jason his "lunch". Lucky him. I wonder if he eats it.
I'd write more but it is too quiet and I don't want to rist my walls being painted with spagetti sauce.

1 comment:

AmberLynn said...

Wow. Another good laugh. Tell me, do remain calm during all these experiences? If so, you must tell me how you do it! Using the bathroom is tricky with small children. My problem is that just when I think it's my turn one of my children come running in saying they've got to go NOW! And they're usually right...