Pintrest is awesome.
Our preschool Co-op has been so much fun because of pintrest and collaberation. I am having as much fun as our kids are.
I got these ideas from pintrest and tied them all in to our learning the letter F. (As in Fossil!)
After singing about the letter F and letting the kids trace the letter I introduced them to the concept of fossils. We poured flour, cornmeal, and rice over a play dinosaur and talked about how his skelaton would become encased in mud.
Then we talked about palentologiest and how they try to learn about the past by what they discover by digging in the dirt. We took them to a big sandbox and let them dig. Guess what? We are so cool we had real bones. I got so into this project that I took rib bones, smothered them in mud and dehydrated them in the oven so that they kids could use chisels and brushes to clean them off.

Then after cleaning up we let the kids make sugar cookie fossils. They were surprizingly cute. The kids were so creative and used the toys dinos to make footprint fossils and body fossils.

While the cookies cooked they worked on an art project. I loved this fishscale frame and I knew it would work with kids. So I cut out big fish and let the kids glue on fish scales from scrap paper I had. They were so cute I am going to insist Noelle finish hers so that we can frame it and hang it in her room.

I am glad people are willing to share their creativty. Doing fun things like this with my kids helps me remember why I had them--so I could relive my childhood through them. :)
In other news....I wrote a poem about a pie I made on Sunday. There is a very full tree of plums in our neighbors yard that Jadon always tries to sneak plums off of. Finally I asked the neighbors if they were going to use them and they offered them to us. I went crazy and picked a ton.
It turns out that plums are majorly time consuming to can and you don't get the quanty you do with bigger fruit. However....each jar is like gold.
The pie I made was spectacular. (Even though my crust was a little Cray zay!)
The best part was that my funny husband thought he didn't like plums and that I was wasting my time. Ha ha.
Anyway...a poem:
1 comment:
I want to be one of your kids! The fossil making and hunting looks like fun. I also really like your poem. Hopefully more autumn spice will arrive today!
Post a Comment