January isn't one of those months that seems like it should be busy but looking back at the month I guess I did lots of thing, lots of times....if that makes sense.
I've changed at least 120 diapers. If Jadon was the eighth of the Seven Dwarfs he would be named Poopy. I'm spending his mission fund on diapers. (Ha ha. Like we've started a mission fund yet. We should. We just haven't). Sometimes he acts like he is ready to be potty trained, but the kid soils his britches like four times a day. That is a good metabolism! I did start to let him sit on the potty after meals because a friend suggested it might help him to be less curious about using the toliet to fill his drinking cups (yes, my friends, I have that kid). So far it has worked. Its a bit like watching Cirque de Toliet with his acrobatics, which makes me wonder if I ought to teach him how to clean toliets before I teach him to use them.....little boys....oh the fun.
I've done quite a bit of painting.
I painting our "formal living room." There really isn't anything formal about a room that doesn't have furniture yet, but at least it has a good clean coat of paint.
I also spraypainted an ugly mirror I found at D.I. Spray paint is awesome.
This is the formal living room as seen through a 50 something or other lens. I guess I need a wider angle. Ha! (Or maybe thats all I want you to see....(Mwahha ha ha ha) ). Please don't try and correct my double parenthesis usage. I really don't care what your English teacher thinks. Oh, do you like the clock on the wall? Also D.I. Cute eh? Just call me the D.I. Diva.
I painted stripes in the bathroom. When I started I thought it would look spectacular. Four days later when I was still measuring and taping I decided I was insane. (Seriously, people who paint normal sized rooms with stripes need their heads checked). After I painted and it was done I liked it again. It adds an element of surprise when you open the door. (An element of surprise that isn't the typical element of surprise you get at MY house when you open a bathroom door...."Oh look, someones been filling kitchen cups with water from the toliet!" Or, "Oh look, someone forgot to flush....and left their pants on the floor....and is hiding under the sink...." So stripes= Aesthetic Element of Surprise. A good thing.
I also painted a table and chairs that my parents gave Noelle and Jadon for Christmas. When I was done with that I painted under the stairs as well. The wall is blue. The chair is blue. The table is grey. Nothing pops like a subtle grey and blue action.
I needed another element of surprise in our house. You turn the corner and Wham! There's a sneaky blue hole in the wall. (Raise your hand if your liking how SERIOUSLY SURPRISING my house is. Or should I say, "UNPREDICATABLE!"
What? You don't get that joke. I guess you haven't watched the Best-Animated-Movie Ever! a gazillion times driving back and forth between Idaho and Utah.
Let me introduce: This is Gru. He is a villan who adopts three girls so that he can steal back a shrink ray from a another villian named Vector.
Noelle likes to pretend she is Edith. (See clip. Pink hat. Can't miss). She wears her pink hat everywhere now especially to bed. Cause duh, its a sleeping hat!
We are all a fan of the villian named Vector.
Jason got this outfit from his Dad's closet and wears it to basketball games. It cracks me up. Its like having a Vector sighting in our very own house.
I conserved my energy and did not spontaneously combust when this happened:
That would be 3 kitchen graters proving that they are denser than a brand new jar of honey. That experient brought to the family by this little guy:
Who has forced me to tie chairs to the kitchen table so that he doesn't use my blender to make tomato, avacodo, pear smoothies. We also have to tie the fridge shut. And occasionaly his arms behinds his back. (Just kidding. He would escape).
It actually snowed.
The kids were so excited I took them to preschool on a sled. I felt like I was in Russia. And then all of the neighbors stopped to give me a ride. Apparently people don't believe in walking here? Because its cold or something? I laugh in the face of cold! Ha ha ha! And then my kids got a cold, and I didn't laugh.
I don't know what he is doing here. I'm trying to take more pictures of him but he usually doesn't stay in the frame long enough.
I found a superb use for all my used canning lids
Our preschool had fun fishing for the letters of their name (written on canning lids) and then arranging them in order.
These pictures make me laugh. Look for Jadon
To end this rather long post, and to intregue you into reading my upcoming installantion which shall be called, "I went to Jackson with my Mom and Sisters. Topics discussed: Ram Semen and Laughing so hard tears run down your leg. " Stay tuned. Before your departure, and on a serious note: I love this final clip. I too feel a disapointment when I cannot transform into a butterfly, because I am, really, merely, a cheeto. (Now watch last clip)
These pictures wouldn't cooporate. They are in a virtual time-out. Pay them no mind....
2 comments:
I like the paint jobs (bathroom, understairs, table and chairs), I liked the antics of blender boy...no wonder you are tying everything down.. and I liked the clips. You and your household are definitely full of surprises.
We <3 Despicable Me. A favorite family film for sure! B does a SAWEET Gru impression. We quote it every day. um.... someone broke that. We also do all the dialogues. Funny stuff!!
Post a Comment