They did not think it was cool that I wasn't letting them participate.
I've been saving up a creative idea for a rainy day and it wasn't rainy but it was stinking cold and windy so off we went to the bathroom.
A little shaving cream and some paint....
The sweetest, cutest, wildest, little boy ever...
A curious, exuberant, independent, zippy girl....
And an art project that is easy to clean. Hoorah!!!
The kids were engaged painting longer than I honestly thought they would be. First they painted very carefully, then I let them just take gobs of shaving cream and smear it everywhere. My kids think they are seriously deprived of making really good messes so they kept looking at me like, "is she really letting us do this????"
I also brought some milk jugs, measuring cups, and ladles into the tub. Jadon is secretly intregued by anything that pours. (Just a little info I've gathered from the crazy concotions he makes when someone doesn't shut the fridge all the way......) This age also developmentally needs to learn how to pour so it was good practice for him to pour water into the muffin tin.
Crayola called and asked if they could use the bath water color for their next crayola color. We decided to call it, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water." WAIT! WHERE IS THAT BABY!!! Yea. Kind of gross looking. You know the best part? I washed their hair in that water and called it good. Its not like they are going to stay clean anyway.
We have a rule that we don't drink bath water. We also have a rule that we don't eat boagies. Notice how well rules are attended to at our house.
4 comments:
I want to come back in the next life as your kid!
Awesome idea! I'll have to try that with my kids. What exactly did you use to color the shaving cream? I'm paranoid about stains. I swear Nya finds ANYTHING that will stain and then it's ALL over her. Drives me nuts. I'd love to do this though if it really cleans up easy. Looks like your kids had a blast! Thanks for sharing!
AmberLynn,
Are you on pintrest? I find lots of great ideas there. I just used food coloring. It doesn't take much and it cleaned up nicely.
Yep, I found it there after leaving the first comment. Thanks!
Post a Comment