I cracked open his door and through the little slip of darkened room I could see a crib-cage, a misplaced leg, and a red wet pouty face.
"Stuck."
Jadon still can't ennuciate many words (perhaps his tongue-tied issue?) but he knows the word stuck--as it happens often.
I examined the issue. Obviously in is frustration he had stuck his leg through the bars and it had gone farther than he thought it would and had gotten stuck.
I tried to gently push his leg back but it was like getting a circle to go through a square hole.
Jadon cried while I got some lotion to grease up his leg.
Minutes later he was fully mosturized, but still stuck.
I climbed in the crib with him, and while he flayed around (As much as you can when your leg is between bars) I yanked, and I do mean, not gently.
The commotion of rescue hadn't charmed my sweet boy into a sleeping mode, so I cuddled up with him, in the bed, which he found quite amusing and held him until he stopped crying, and then, his eyelashes started blinking, and his red little lips started puffing little baby breaths.
I love watching Jadon sleep, because its the only time the kid holds still, and gives me a minute, to think about how much I love the little guy without having to simultaneously rescue a toy from the toliet, my pots from become stair sleds, or my carpet from a bottle of lotion.
Jadon has a gazillion wonderful qualities. He loves to be touched and gives me hugs and kisses before he runs off with his John Wayne gait to find some adventure.
He is smart. He loves puzzles, putting things together, and investigating.
He understands complicated commands, and even though all we hear is gibberish, he usually gets his point across.
He loves animals. I take the kids to the pet store about once a month. Jadon pats the fish tank, bounces in front of the birds, sneaks up to the hamsters, and throws himself at the cat window. It takes a squeegie to get him away from his beloved "tats!" He even hugs books with pictures of animals.
Jadon is kind to his sister. He makes sure to return any punches she accidently drops and if one gets a blue and purple tatoo of child size denture imprints, the other is sure to have one as well. (How cute is that?) When they aren't sharing they play hot potatoe and see who can hold a toy the longest before the other swipes it away.
Jadon's favorite family game is Duck Duck Duck (a variation on duck duck goose).
I may have also mentioned, and many might find this weird, that Jadon always smells really really good.
With all of his wonderful qualities, its hardly good form, as his mother to complain. But I might as well admit, my sweet little boy makes my days beyond adventures. Here are some examples:
1-We've called poison control twice because of Jadon. He ate dishwashing detergent and nail polish. (Silver, in case you were wondering).
2-He's shampooed my carpet with my expensive hair shampoo.
3-He poops atomic bombs.
4-He hates nursury. I may have heard him call it Alcatraz, and he can't even talk well.
5. If I give him a bath (which he loves) he is likely to: Jump back into the bathtub with his clothes on (his sister was in the tub) excape to my bathroom to pour my face powder over everything and blind himself with my mascara, or draw on himself with a permenent marker. (He did all of this.....in one day).
6. One day after I steam cleaned the couches to remove crayon, I came back later to find the entire couch covered in toothpaste. Artists initials inscribed. (Not really, but may have well has been).
7. He has repeatedly been caught drinking out of toliet. (I know. Ewww.)
9. He has been repeatedly caught trying to put screw drivers in the electrical outlet.
10. He jumps from the top stair into your arms...even if your arms are full and you are at the very bottom.
My little boy is a very wild sweetie guy.
The three baths mascara day. No, I never got his shirt clean again.
Jadon loves our blender. You can't run it without his help or he has a cow. He loves "Duice!" As much of a pain it is to have him help he always rewards me by saying, "Happy day!" Cute huh.
Jadon has a stuffed dog and a stuffed cat. (He could be Calvin and Hobbes those two, his middle name is even Calvin, but as Jason points out his cat is not a tiger). The cat was wrapped in a towel so he could get dirty during this juice experience.
Radom picture of Noelle asleep in laundry baskets. Story of her and the lotion and toothpaste to come.
2 comments:
Oh what would we do without our kids to keep us entertained!?!?
Writing about JDB's exploits is a good thing...you can laugh about them someday, you will be able to remind him when he has his own kids just how much he owes you, and I can have a smile for the day as I remember you as an active little girl who had quite a resemblance to JDB both physically and in the kinds of "trouble" you could get in to.
Post a Comment