You know what the kids don't love? That they haven't played in any snow yet. Its kind of like when we lived in Hawaii except the toliet seats here are cold. Well, its not really like when we lived in Hawaii, but with no snow the kids are feeling jipped. To make up for it the boots get worn EVERYWHERE. I have raised some styling kids. Believe you me.
I've seriously slacked at taking pictures....pretty much....ever since we moved. I haven't made Noelle's 4th year book or Jadon's 2nd year book. I was looking through photo's and the realization hit me that even if I do make a book....it will be skimpy. So I started following the kids around with the camera. This is Noelle watching a movie. (Her favorite thing to do aside from pretending her dog is alive). Most of the pictures look like this because she is really hard to distract when "Dego" is on.
I did get a couple of smiles.
Moments later this kid woke up. He wasn't in the mood for pictures either. Its kind of an injustice to keep pictures of him locked up in his crib, but, lets be honest. He spends a lot of time there. Most of the time sleeping....much of the time with a scowl on his face. Why you ask? Let me reference you to the previous post.
Jadon's favorite game is to line up my pots and fill them with random household artifacts. Much of my life is dedicated to returning artifacts to their home. I don't understand the kicks he gets out of it, but I humor him until I need a pot. Then we have issues because for some reason sharing MY pots with me makes him grouchy.
The weather report said we were getting a cold front and snow. I wanted to load everyone up (ME) on vitamin D so I forced the family out for a walk at the falls.
It was pretty much the best Sunday of the whole year. (Love January!) It was cool to see all the ice on the water and just get some family togetherness time in that didn't incorporate deprieving children of sleep and forcing them to sit and be reverent when they are tired and hungry.
Would it be an odd juxtopostion to say (with a picture of the temple below) that I honestly truely thouroughly believe that the church is true (always) but more true at nine a.m. ?
Our ward is so big, and our children so exuberant, that we have been sitting in the overflow for the last six months of our new ward. Now for a news flash: The spirit doesn't go to the overflow. It doesn't. Its like the terrestial kingdom back there.
Starting with the new year we've forced our social status improvement and have bumped some old timers out of the bench seats. I hope they don't go inactive like I just about went. (Seriously. No spirit in overflow. Cannot repeat enough!)
Oh and, nine a.m. church means the kids get lunch and a nap and I get to do something for my spiritual improvement....like take a nap. Splendid. We all wake up refreshed and actually like each other. Do you see my point? The church is more true at nine a.m.
This is my handsome honey that I love. We got matching jackets from Craghopper which is the company that Bear Grylls endorses. We love them. I can not wait to go hiking this summer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE living in Idaho for that reason. In fact, I often an amazed at how much I like Idaho. My family might hold a grudge but....its even better in many ways than Utah. Its the best place we have lived. Its the last place we will live. (Sensing enthusiasm?)
Isn't she cute when she is holding still?
Oh my sweet Jadon bub. Thanks for making me burn an extra four hundred calories by insisting I carry you the rest of the way. I cashed in said calories with the yummy cookies your dad made. (And then some). Thanks for being so premeditative and considerate.
2 comments:
Hi! It's always good to see new pictures. I agree with the overflow sentiment, because even though the bench seats make you more aware of when your own kids are not being reverent they also put you closer to the action at the pulpit and further from the distractions of the telestial kingdom in back which makes it easier for everyone in the family to taste of the spirit a little more. Also the 9:00 a.m. testimony is true. There is nothing like the block meeting after a good nights sleep, compared to the 1:00 a.m. block being hungry and ready for a nap!
Ha! I said those EXACT words when our ward switched to 9:00 a.m. last year. I think I told everyone I knew, "The church is more true 9:00." And I can now verify it, because we are at 1:30 p.m., and it is really rather LESS true...especially in primary...with sunbeams...who desperately need a nap.
Post a Comment