I am very excited to write down the fun experience I had with my sister Brooke this weekend.
Brooke gave me my Christmas gift early this year. She had purchased the Dressing Your Truth program for all the women in our family. I read the book, watched the video's, and determined that I was a Type 1 Bright and Animated women. GO ME!
For some, finding out what type they are is obvious, for others it is more of a journey. Once I understood the four different types it was pretty obvious which one I was. My dad always said I was his, "little jumping jack kid." Both parents would tell me stories of how how poorly I traveled in the car and how I would bounce the whole car ride and then fall asleep out of exhaustion just before reaching our destination. I have always known that I was a mover. Hello! Dance was my life's joy!
Brooke had a lot more "fun" finding out what type she was. Origionally she had typed herself as a type 3, but at a conference for DYT Carol Tuttle gave her some good feedback telling her that she was a Type 4. Sadly, she had already changed her entire wardrobe to a Type 3.
But then....
Brooke is just awesome and won this amazing package deal where she and a friend could go to the DYT salon and get a makeover, spend time with Carol, recieve all of her books, and money for a shopping spree in their store. Wowzer! I really wanted Brooke to take me with her on this experience, and I was so thrilled when she asked. Thank you Brooke! You did all the hard work and I got the expereince. I am thankful for your generosity!
Meanwhile....
Carol's book, The Child Whisperer came out. If you would like to read my review, by all means, click here. I really think reading Carol's books and watching many of her youtube videos, as well has having long conversations with both Brooke and my mother helped me to get a better grasp on understanding the different energy types and how those play out in the different important people in my life. It was so helpful in helping me be non-judgmental to people who are different energy types then myself.
Now let me tell you about our trip!
Friday morning we arrived at the DYT store and meet Sarah who gave us a tour of the whole DYT store and warehouse. She also introduced us to the DYT staff.
The most intimating part of the day was meeting Carol. They say that a camera adds ten pounds to a person. I didn't really notice that, but I did notice that a camera does delete about ten megagrams of energy. She walked into the room and looked so powerful I forgot what I was going to say to her.

Meeting with Carol was so eye opening. She helped us type a lot of people in our family, which was really helpful because we had gotten several people typed wrong. (Noelle included). I even made the fun discovery of what my secondary was which helped me to even make more sense of myself.
We also got to meet with Anne who is a DYT specialist. She helped us with our makeup and evaluate what was working with our wardrobe and what wasn't.

Shopping in the store was easy. The store is divided into types so it wasn't difficult to find things that would look good on me. I took just about one of everything in the store into my dressing room. I started trying on clothes and I didn't get discouraged as I usually do. Everything looked great! I wanted to buy everything. (And I almost did!) The real epiphany from trying on the clothes was realizing that even though I had started to find the right color of clothing to wear, I wasn't previously finding the right textures and patterns. I also wasn't wearing the right jewlery. Attention people! I look great in gold. :)
Saturday we really got down to the makeover part of the experience. I figured that if I was going to get a free haircut and color I should go big. Plus, if I cut a lot of it off I could donate it to locks of love. (This is my fourth time donating. I am a hair growing machine. :)
My Before Picture with ultra long locks

Brooke's Before Picture

Boom. I just lost four pounds. No really. I weighed myself when we got home.

I wasn't smiling as big as Brooke because I could hear extra-terrestial life trying to communicate with me while I was wearing my special tin foil hat.



I'll admit, I was panicking about the hair color and my hair kept getting shorter and shorter. In full honesty it wasn't until THIS week when I was having a spontaneous dance party with my kids and my husband that I finally decided that the new shorter version was perfect.
Brooke went darker and it just looks stunning. That girl is like a model, and she can work it in front of the camera!
Some After Photo's

Conclusion
Anyone who knows me knows that I have never cared much about clothes. Thanks to this experience I won some awesome things to wear, but more importantly, I know what to wear and how to shop on my own. The best part is that I really do feel differently when I am wearing the right things. Today Noelle had a friend over and the friend told me, "You are a fun mom." Of course I am. I'm dressed like one aren't I? I also feel like I have more permission to be spontaneous and playful, which lately I haven't been. (My secondary type 4 takes over sometimes).
I loved seeing Brooke's tranformation. When Brooke was in college a boy was trying to ask her out and said, "Hey, what are you doing on Friday?" Brooke's awesome type 4 response? "I am writting an opera. What are you doing?" Brooke's new look says to me: I am doing something important today. And the truth is--she probably is. So I am very happy for her that her look fits who she is. We had so much fun shopping together and she got an entire wardrobe of really stunning outfits.
I would recommend (and have) the Dressing Your Truth program to anyone.
I feel like I went from this:
![]() |
| Eric Carle's The mixed up Cameleon |
To this:

On the inside and outside.



2 comments:
I love your new hair cut. It looks awesome on you. I am getting ready to donate my hair to locks of love again as well.
Love the review of our weekend :) You are a FUN mom :) And now you look like it too!!
You're beginning to shed more light on perhaps why i didn't go on many dates :) That was funny to remember!
Post a Comment