Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jadon's Birthday Part B

Let me tell you what is a bad idea. A bad idea is assuming that a just barely three-year-old can wait ALL DAY to open presents. Jadon woke up the morning of his birthday with electricity coursing through his nerves. I was really worried about loosing my mind when at nine fifteen I had put myself in time out three times. (Who can put the birthday kid on timeout?). During one of MY timeouts the frosting ingredients for his cupcakes disappeared. Boom. Gone.

Thank heavens for my friend Kristi who came over so that Jadon could have a playdate to help him make it through the day. Finally. Finally Jason got home from work and Jadon was able to open his present--or in the this case, have it wheeled into him.



"Jadon how old are you?"
Well, I guess we have something to work on this year.


Noelle "helping" keep the present that she has alluded to for over three months a secret for a few more seconds.
Can you wait just one more minute bud? Dad needs to answer the phone.

What did he get?

A bike!!!!






* The frosting mystery was resolved. (Jadon put the ingredients in the garbage bag with his garbage truck.) The greater mystery was what happened to the birthday cake. The whole silly frosted thing just grew legs and walked away. I found it a whole week later in my crock pot  No one is claiming responsibility  At least we had cupcakes.

No comments: