Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The day I did not labor, not even a bit.

I feel like I give myself a lot of pep talks. This three kids biz is crazyland. I think everyone around me has just accepted that I can't juggle--at all. People--I'm dropping balls like a dropout from the Harlem Globtrotters. It was for this reason that I insisted we have a family get away. I didn't NEED it...but man...I WANTED it. I'm glad I did, because it was a wonderful weekend....that almost didn't start out that way.

Five minutes into our drive we almost rear-ended a cop car while we driving on the freeway. I'm super grateful we didn't (UNDERSTATEMENT?) The rest of the drive was normal until the end when something popped our tire. I could have been annoyed, but MAN in comparison to almost rear-ending a cop car...the tire seemed like small fries.

We met Dustin and Ciara at the cabin. They had to wash a carseat (motionsickness) and we had to wash a carseat (rumblies in the tumblies). It was a good reminder that there is no vacation from parenting. Oh the reminders.

Once everyones drawers where dry we got down to Bear Laking it, finally. Here is my nephew Cason.  I'm so glad Jadon has a buddy!
Cason and Ciara

Sydney Checking out her Cousin

The Cabin

                 My girly getting beachy
              My son receiving his first lessons in tire repair
           Uncles wrassling. Every vacay needs some wrassling.
 While everyone else went to the beach Siddy girl and I took a nap, took a hike, took some pictures and marveled in the sound of silence. It was divine. I was sad to miss the beach (but not really if you can feel both things at once, which you can cause I did...so there.)
                    Uncle George and my Siddy girl.
                                                                    Stunning Becca-ro
On Sunday we went to church. So did a lot of other people. Jadon was wild with joy that he didn't have to go to nursery. We need to reactivate that kid already. :)
 He was all smiles before he realized where we were going. Isn't he handsome when he isn't causing mayhem?
The weekend was perfect. I am so so glad we got to have one more Wahoo before getting back to the daily grind of me forgetting to do important things.

No comments: