Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 29th, 2014

I'm going to try the short journeling thing. I used to find writing really therapetic, and the truth is I think I'm reaching that point where if I don't get some therapy, I might get commited.


  • Tomorrow is our preschool Halloween Party and I am in charge. I procrastinated until today, but that is when I get my best ideas. Hopefully it isn't a totally snooze. If it is, I really won't care. There is a lot I like about this wretched holiday. Preschool parties just isn't one of them. I wish I was more commited and made costumes for the whole family. That sounds like a "fun" type 1 thing to do. The sad thing is, I actually don't like being in costume, in public, unless I'm dancing. I dressed up for 70's day at school once and was mortified with myself the whole day. 
  • I don't like the candy part of Halloween. Except I do. I don't like my kids eating candy so sometimes I eat it for them. Only the choclate and the starbursts. The rest I throwaway. What a waste. This year I didn't even buy cheap stuff to hand out at the trunk-or-treat. That probably means we shouldn't go. Hopefully my kids memories are poor....
  • Tonight we had sloppy joes for dinner. Noelle though I was killing her. I explained that sloppy joes are made out of the exact same ingredients as her most favorite meal ever--hamburgers. In fact, it practically is a hamburger. She gagged with every bite. My kids are working a number on my ego.
  • I'm not saying I have a favorite child, but Sydney has never, not even once, complained about what I have fixed for dinner.
  • I hate tithing. 
  • Actually, I don't. That is an old family joke. I really like tithing. 
  • I hate visiting teaching.
  • Actually, I love visiting teaching. Even though I have a really tricksy route. Its not too bad if you just get it done. What I really loathe though, like really really....is when the end of the month sneaks up on me and I panic because there are like half a dozen people furious with me about their routes. I lock myself in my room like I'm in college trying to write a 20 page paper in one night, then I pray, stare at pages of names, doodle on the pages, cry, try not to watch youtube clips to cheer myself up, and then commit to trying again the next day. In fact, I am procrastinating making changes this very second. Let's just say I wear procrastination-guilt like maskara.
  • Jason just came and told me it is time to excercise. I actually committed to join him, which is an improvement over last night when I fell asleep on top of a pile of laundry in our room at nine o'clock. Since it is two minutes to nine it looks like my workout could be short. Early to bed, late to rise. Eat some candy then you die!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

You have me laughing at an early morning time! Good job. I would love to see you back to writing- for your therapy or mine. It does us both good. We missed all of you the minute you were gone. It was too quiet around here...and Missy moped around for the next few hours because there wasn't anyone to clean up after. Happy Halloween...I'm going to go pick the last of the red delicious apples off of the tree for trick or treaters, I just can't bring myself to go the junk candy route.