Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6, 2014


  • Noelle turns 7 this month. She pointed this out when we were driving past a place we have gotten ice cream in the past and made a declaration, "Next time we get ice cream, I want a horse cone." I was totally confused. "What kind of cone do you want?" She continued to explain, "All my life I have had to eat kitty cones (think kiddy-cones) and I need more than that. So I want a horse cone."  
  • Noelle is on the swim team and I am loving watching her improve so fast. She was ticked that they "made" her swim in the deep end without a pool noodle because her arms hurt so bad, but I was totally stoked. I just think swimming is the greatest sport for her and I am really happy with he one-on-one attention she gets from her teacher. (It helps that there are three kids in her class). Friday is her swim meet. I think when she is done we will go celebrate with a horse cone.
  • A joke: Noelle and Jadon were playing hide-and-seek with Sydney. Jadon was it and Noelle was trying to hide Sydy on a hill of blankets. Obviously that didn't work because a SYDY ON A HILL CAN'T BE HID! ha ha ha. (That was probably a result of too much halloween candy while reading scriptures in bed.)
  • I've never liked grocery shopping, but lately is really bad. Sydney won't stay buckled in her seat so I have to carry her and push the shopping cart. If I even attempt it with the other kids in tow its totally game over. I'm obviously going to have to do something different when I have the baby because what I'm doing isn't working.
  • Pregnancy makes me totally emotionally unstable. I started crying at church because Jadon's socks don't match. When have they ever matched? Or when has he actually ever kept them on? Or when has he actaully even worn them under his church shoes? Totally irrational to pick that day to get upset about it. I also get super overwhelmed with daily house keeping. Messes really make me want to take a nap. I've also struggled a lot with child number 2 to the point that about once a week I hide in my room so that I can cry. Sheesh pregnancy is weird because I am not a crier. I don't like feeling this way and I get tired of hearing myself whine and mope around in my head. I haven't even cracked open the nutella which I'm all kinds of proud of myself for, but seriously the crazy needs to stop.
  • Jason has a week off after Christmas. I really want to plan a fun family adventure, but after spending more time on the computer than I have trying to plan I keep coming up empty handed. I really wanted to stay in a cozy cabin for a couple of days and do some snow shoeing and some skiing. I looked into going to Targee--the kids can even do ski school, but no matter how I cook it I don't know what to do with Sydney. She does better being babysat when her siblings around and I totally couldn't leave her with strangers. Its frusterating. I really need something fun and adventurous to look forward to. Send ideas my way.

No comments: