- Two great things have happened in my mothering world as of late. First, Jadon shoveled the driveway. I helped, but they key here is he helped. Not that he tried to help and required my patience in overlooking how hard he was making it, but that he really truly helped. If he and I can just make it to the age he can mow the lawn and take out the trash and do all kinds of yard work--oh won't that be heavenly. The other awesome parenting thing that happened was that I taught Jadon and Noelle how to play checkers and after church today they spent over an hour playing it together--without me! I read books to Sydney and played with her and just thought the entire time that checkers was the most wonderful game ever invented.
- Jason's birthday is this week. I tried to suprise him with tickets to a band he enjoys. I think it is impossible to suprise that guy. He guessed my intentions over a month ago. We went last night. It was eh. I sure hope he liked it more than I did. I think there were older people in the audience who were younger than me. I mean, at like 8:30 I just wanted to go to bed. I might need to move into Sunshine Terrece. We were supposed to go out to dinner someone nice since we usually just settle for what is convienent and there are a lot of really good places to eat here that we haven't tried. Well, we ended up with sandwiches from Jimmy Johns. What can I say. Surprises and planning are clearly my thing. Jason is gone this week which means I can actually get him a present without him discovering it. Ohhhh a surprise! I don't even know what I'm getting him, so we will all be surprised. How fun.
- I have a super wonderful friend here that throws very creative parties. I really love and appreciate my friends. This party was a Regeceny Era theme from start to finish. (Wax sealed invitations and we got the titles of Duke and Duchess). Jason looked very Sherlock Holmesish if you ask me in the most handsome of ways. We had fun. I think he may have been close to hyperventalating when we first arrived--but many of the other men felt as awesomely awkward as him and were making all kinds of immature jokes. I think here were a lot of happy wives there that evening. Well, one, there was dancing. Two, uncomfortable husbands are super cuddly.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
November 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment