Cousins are the greatest!
Jadon and Noelle did awesome dying eggs. I was a little worried about the mess, but my Noelle is a big kid and a big helper. Man I appreciate that. They did a pretty good job handling the egg dying themselves (and getting totally attached to their work in the process).
I'm glad I snagged Jesse quick for a photo. He is an awesome uncle and my kids just love him.
Jadon was super excited for our egg hunt. He brought an egg buddy along to help him.
Noelle was pretty excited too. My parents house is the perfect place for egg hunts, and the weather was splendid. (I say this with snow falling to the ground while I type. Sigh)
So if you can't tell this is an old picture of Noelle, but isn't it cute? I can't believe how much she has grown this last year.
I knew Sydney would love finding eggs. That is her job with our chickens and she is a pro. She wags her fingers at the chickens (Telling them to behave, I think) and finds/breaks as many eggs as she can. We are working on getting more intact eggs into the house.
We also celebrated my Dad's birthday. (It was a jam-packed day I tell ya!) I'm so glad that he is my Dad and that my kids have such a good relationship with him. My mom made an awesome slide-show of his life and the kids were all super excited for the parts where they "showed" up. I'm just super grateful for the time I get to spend with family. I have to make extra effort not living RIGHT there but it means the world to my kids. I'm so grateful for the relationships that they are forming. On the way home I asked Noelle her favorite part of the weekend and she said, "Talking to Rachel." Rachel is always very intentional about talking to Noelle and it means a lot to her. I think my kids have a pretty good life!
Sadly--because I didn't have my own camera--the whole next day I don't have pictures of! We spent the morning at the Maughans watching conference. Those pictures would have been awesome because at one point the living room looked like the book The Napping House! Jadon fell asleep ON TOP of Zach. Noelle was draped on the couch and several others were "praying and meditating" I think everyone did a pretty decent job of listening to conference for the most part though. I love hearing the world of the Prophet and the Apostles and spending time with family at the same time. After conference had a glorious Easter Sunday lunch and just got to enjoy aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent bonding time.
That night we zoomed back to Hyde Park for the Krusi egg hunt. Again--no pics. I need to work on that! The kids found more eggs and gold coins. We ate yummy hollow hamburgers and caught up with cousins. I really love my cousins. (Though they are all a lot bigger/older than I remember them from the olden days when we were hunting for eggs). Yah for traditions!
















No comments:
Post a Comment