Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pregnancy Rituals

Today I am 38 weeks and 1 day--not that I'm counting or anything. Being formally dubbed "The Christmas Kid" by my wonderful huband (to which it has come to imply that I Christmas Morning everything. If its new shirt...I wear it that day.) it should come as no surprise I am being ridiculously impatient.

In my defence, I am so tired, so sore, so clausterphobic in this waiting pattern that I can hardly stand myself.

Last week my fantastic friends took me out to dinner for a GNO mama shower. It was lovely. (Pictures coming). I felt friendshipped and supported and I kind of don't want to loose that feeling in all the waiting.

Two days ago Noelle and Sydney got sick. Obviously not an ideal thing at any time, but in my pregnancy mind I felt like, "Hey! This is per tradition. I always have a sick kid right before I have a baby. Places people places!" But, nothing so far...

Today I took the kids to the zoo. At this point I'm just being somewhat superstitious. I took Noelle to the zoo right before Jadon was born. I took Jadon and Noelle to the zoo right before Sydney was born. So, today I took Noelle, Jadon, and Sydney to the zoo. Now the baby can be born....

And, if that doesn't work, I have one last ritual to pocket until the right moment...the dancing ritual. Nevermind I do it everyday. There will always be ONE LAST DANCE that could induce labor.





Nancy, Amanda, and Julie--some of the group who got together for a Mothers Shower. I really love spending time with these women. We always laugh a lot, learn a lot, and leave uplifted.
 The whole group: Stephanie Carstens organized it all. She is killer at throwing parties, and If I had been less obstinante (I was told later) she would have. BUT I didn't want a shower. Those are so awkward, and I didn't need one. I needed time with friends without being center of attention. The evening was perfect for that.
 The Zoo: The lions. Rawr. (Everything Rawrs to Sydy...this one actually does, so it was a photographable moment.)
 Sydney's pants wouldn't stay on. She is still cute. :)
 The only bum almost as cute as a babies bum is a zebra bum.
 Sydney befriending the very same tiger statue that she had just fallen off of. What a sweetie.
 If you put two and two together...yes, I took my sick daughter to the zoo. She needed vitamin D and some time with mom. I took her home for a nap afterward--promise!
 That's my Tarazan.
 I feel like I can relate with the animal kingdom. This is what they call babywearing monkey style.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Time with friends, time with kids at the zoo and a sunny day should hold you over for at least another day or two! Keep up the good work...this too shall pass (and give you lots of experience!)