We practically trotted through the entire thing just so that we could see it all. Inside it housed the crown jewels, coronation clothing, armor, the room that held Ann Boyleyn, a torture chamber ( I couldn't even stand being in the room) and most importantly an old toilet room. (The kids and I had studied the midievel period this year and we wondered about how the person who cleaned up the toilet was called a yeoman farmer. I still don't know what farming has to do with it, but it was neat to see.)




We were all pretty hungry when they finally kicked us out. We really wanted some authentic London food so we found a pub with decent reviews and got our first European meal. Eating was going to become one of our main objectives on this journey.
We got our first realization we were officially abroad when we had to pay for water. Jason ordered a seafood pie and we got a good chuckle when it arrived and literally had a sea creature bathing in a pie crust looking like it was ready to scamper across the table after cleaning under its claws.
Alayna and I had a mushroom pie and Shawn and Sheena had fish and chips. It was all filling and while it won't even come close to some of our Italian meals it was a fun way to end our short stay in London.

No comments:
Post a Comment