Thursday, July 24, 2008

If life were a dance



The sound of marital compromise due to media preference...

(In the background "So you think you can dance playing)
Guest Judge: "Wow, that was just really organic and wonderful"
Jason from the peanut gallery: "Great, now you can't even spray dancers with pesticides!"


Jason the engineer vs. Lindsey the whimsical

While watching hairspray, the movie
Lindsey: "I wish life was really a musical."
Jason: "I don't. It would take too long to get anywhere."


Ok, so maybe he is right. Can life at least be a dance though?

Here is what it would look like at our house when Jason leaves for work.




This is what it would look like on days that I am radioactive (Ok, I would never really behave like this, but I think if I danced like that before any disagreements I wouldn't be nearly as radioactive)


Everyday life, like going to the park, would look something like this...


Your life may not look like a dance, but you have to agree that its an improv. And when its over I am pretty sure heaven will be a dance...


Or at least mine will be! (Provided that Jason can't engineer an alternative.)

5 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

Hey Schwest! I should have expected that you would be a devoted follower of "So you Think you can Dance". I missed last nights episode, which is usually my favorite (Wednesday). Ben insisted on watching the "Tour de france" which ends tomorrow;) But I have come up with some favorites: Will And Katie. This show is SOOOO much better than American Idol! The judges actually give compliments, and intelligent criticism! Who are your fav's?

Lindsey said...

Uh yeah. This show is so much better than any reality show. All the dancers have good comradre, the judges teach people about dance, and I just love that it gives artists the opportunity to display dance since it doesn't get showcased on tv very often. My favorites were/are Katee, Kerrington, Will, Twitch and Joshua, but really I think I love them all.

Shilae said...

I haven't watched the show, but I love how into dancing you are. I don't know if it's on your blog somewhere, but what's your dance history?

Lindsey said...

I was probably rocking awesome in the pre-existence, but since getting a body I'm just mediocre. That's what keeps me looking forward to heaven. :)I'll tell you the rest on Sunday.

Boyd said...

I loved that dance from twitch and katee last night, that was one of the most entertaining ones so far!
I was so bummed when Kerrington got the boot last week, she was one of my favorite girls.