Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A title goes here



Auggg. I have used up all my creative energy doing other projects today, but I needed a five minute distraction to motivate me to finish.
Wow. That was not at all how I intended for this post to start. Really, the thoughts that have been on my mind lately have been largely geared towards gratitude, so pretend that I started this post in a more upbeat manner.
Last night I had to laugh as I read my friend Jill's blog. I laughed because she posted a post almost exactly like one I intended to post. It looks like we are both very proud of ourselves for our similar weekend accomplishment. This weekend between sessions of conference Jason and I used our wheat grinder for the first time and then made some awesome wheat bread. It felt good to be one step closer to having/using our food storage. I always used to say that I was just going to go home to my parents house if tragedy ever hit...Now I realize that not only am I really far away, but A. That's not really fair to my little red hen mother B. Not all reasons for using your food storage are desperate enough to go live with your parents and C. It's an obedience and preparedness thing.

Ok that just zapped the rest of my creative energy, and I still haven't finished my other project. So this post ends right about....NOW.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Alright Lindsey! My first loaves of whole wheat bread were only about an inch high and heavier than a waterlogged brick. Yours look delicious and "fair worthy" and nutritious. Good job. Thanks also for getting prepared to help your little red hen mother should the need arise. A side benefit is that you will enjoy yourself!