Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason!!!

My family forgot my birthday once. (We celebrated it a few days early so it shouldn't have been a big deal...) but I have harassed my parents ever since.

I didn't really forget Jason's birthday. I have been planning it all week. But he woke me up in the middle of a dream where I had a 21 page research paper due that I hadn't finished and I was typing it in my mind. I was very disoriented until we got in the car. Then I remembered. Oops! Happy Birthday Jason!!!










At 5:00 today I called Jason and asked if we could have a redo on his birthday. Like start over tomorrow and pretend it was the 21st.

So far this is how is day has gone.

6:00 wake up wife who is very cranky because she has a paper due. (in her dreams!)
6:00 accidentally wake up Noelle who was a little shooken up to see Uncle Jesse come and get her when she cried.
7:00 found out that our GPS unit...fondly known as Tom Tom was dead...along with the car.
8:00 Jump started car. Said disparaging words about the loss of Tom tom. Drove to work. Lindsey finally remembered it was his birthday.
10:00 Lindsey tried to drive to the metro to go to DC. Stopped three times to get directions. Is sad to report that the man at Kwik mart, the lady at the bank, and the man at the Marriott ALL smoke dope. Is really sad that Tom tom is dead.
12:00 Lindsey finally arrived at the metro. Noelle is hungry. Jesse wishes there were mountains.
1:00 Jason is left at work (which got out early) without a car--on his birthday.
2:00 Jason came home. His wife and brother in law are being tourists at the Smithsonian.
4:00 Lindsey and Jesse take the green line tour of the metro. (Which really means they rode it the wrong way on the way home.)Both directions. PS. It is freezing outside. Lindsey looses her brand new cell phone. She flips out. She checks her coat, her diaper bag, the stroller, her pockets, her coat, her coat, her coat. She finds it fifteen minutes later in her diaper bag. It was vibrating. Thanks for calling Mandy! (I would have called you back but at this point Noelle was screaming!)
5:00 Lindsey says not so nice things to the lady at the ticket window when her "smart card" doesn't work and the "smart card" ticket lady doesn't speak English well enough to fix it. (I hadn't eaten, I was tired, my kid was crying and my honey was home by himself on his birthday!)
5:30 Somehow, by some miracle, and dispite snail traffic Lindsey makes it home...alive...without too much need to repent of things she has said...or thought...but mostly said.
6:00 Jesse saves the day and takes everyone out to dinner at FAMOUS DAVES. It was way yummy. Everyone is in a better mood after good food.


8:00 Jason followed trail of homemade kisses to his gifts. He thanks both sets of parents/families for the surprises.

9:00 Jason is busy playing Zelda and eating honey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Our family is saying Happy Birthday to your husband!
Best regards,
Ermakovi.
P.s. What a coincidence! I've been really typing a research paper when you were dreaming. I finally finished it yesterday. Hooray! Now two more are left.
We still have neither snow nor usual for this time of the year low temperature. But i'm not complaining. :)

Jill said...

lindsey, i LOVE your blog, i love your writing style, i love your genuine presentation of self and family. you're amazing! and deserve a t-shirt for making it through the horrible birthday day, that's a whole lotta yuck all for one day - happy birthday, jason!