Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More thankfuls...


The last three months of my mission I did this. I wrote at least 5 things I was thankful for that day in my journal. It taught me a lot about gratitude. You FEEL happier when you remember your blessings. It also taught me that I have a bad case of sarcasm. Sometimes my list looked like this:

1. I am thankful for my shapeless, washed too many times skirts because they hide my not so stellar at the moment legs.
2. I am thankful that we get to ride bikes so that if ever I don't have a job I can write on my resume "Circus clown" and get hired on with a traveling freak show.
3. I am thankful that members feed us...even when its interesting...because then I don't have to resort to the case of Vienna sausages that someone gave us.

And so on....

So excuse my sarcasm. I REALLY AM THANKFUL!!! I REALLY DO FEEL BLESSED.

Here are more for today.

1. I am thankful for my body. Especially when its healthy, strong, and fit. But, even when its not.
2. I am thankful that I can laugh at myself, and that I enjoy it. I am grateful?!?! that I have so many things to laugh at.
3. I am grateful that people love me. Especially those that know me best...and they still love me.
4. I am grateful Noelle has four attentive, generous, doting, grandparents. (Not to mention aunts, uncles, and cousins)
5. I am grateful that I have A LOT of happy memories. Some I share with family, some I share with friends, but some are just between me and my wild imagination.
6. I am grateful everyone has different talents. Some people have the talent to be good at winking. That's a good talent. Don't you love it when someone gives you a good sincere wink?
7. I am grateful my husband is my best friend, and that I am his.
8. I am grateful that we are spending Thanksgiving with friends. That means I get to do most of the work, which will make me more thankful for my mom. It also makes me feel more "stranger in a foreign landish" which makes me more humble, which is more how I think the pilgrims felt. (Especially when they were cooking the turkey and it wasn't looking right and they couldn't call their mom because she was back in England and didn't have a cell phone yet).
9. I am thankful for thanksgiving food. It could have been liver and grits. What would Thanksgiving be like if we ate liver and grits!
10. I am thankful that my brother is coming to see me TOMORROW!!!!

1 comment:

maughans said...

hey are you one of those good winkers? And thanks for adding aunts to the list. I'm thankful for you guys.