Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am thankful for...



One day is not enough to express all that I am thankful for this year. So I begin...

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

1. Fruit Snacks and Goldfish. It helps motivate me to go to nursery.
2. My husband for doing an hour and a half of yoga with me last night. Except for when he ruined my Chi by making noises like a cat in a dryer. I forgave him. Especially since he forgave me for telling him he would have a Buddha belly if he didn't do the additional 15 minutes of Yoga belly with me.
3. Noelle and her many languages. First it was Chinese. Last week was definitely German. I think as of late she speaks an African dialect. (There is lots of clicking and buzzing of lips).
4. Living on a budget that makes Russian bus stops in the winter, after a renick, seem roomy. It has taught me how to be a better cook, (Since it doesn't seem worth it to pay for things I can make better) to decorate my house with scrapbook paper, (easier to remove than paint!) and has provided reason to do Yoga for date night.
5. Long walks through leaves, with my forty dollar stroller from Craig's List and my Noelle. It helps me de-stress, think, plot, plan, ponder, enjoy, repent, remember, and come back home nicer.
6. Autumn on the east coast.
7. Friends. I love my friends!
8. Adventure. I am grateful we have gotten to live away from where I thought home was. I am more thankful for family, appreciate my ward those who serve in the ward more, and more reliant on Jason and Heavenly Father.
9. Second Cousins. Well, my first cousins are pretty awesome too, but somehow I ended up with the greatest second cousins that I just call "cousins" because I want people to infer that we are close because they are so cool.
10. Home-made pizza for breakfast.
11. My hidden stash of Choclate chips
12. MY BROTHER WHO IS COMING TO SEE US SOON!!!!
13. My sister for photo lessons.
14. Noelle for not telling her dad that I let her play with her birthday present (her birthday is not until next week) for an hour today because she was really sad and wouldn't let me get ready without dropping my mascara in the toilet.
15. FREE UTILITES!!!
16. Good books.
17. Naptime.
18. Living in America a land where good people made good sacrifices for what we enjoy now and where good people make good sacrifices now for what we will enjoy later.
19. NO MORE ELECTION DEBATES!
20. The prophets authority and leadership at a time when things are confusing and logic does not give a full perspective.

STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT EPISODE OF>>>

WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR!

4 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

oh! That's a nice post! And you said you were thankful for me! I'm thankful for you too! And I can't believe Bellie's birthday is so soon!

Shilae said...

Dang. I should have gone for a walk today. I was way stressed and needed some perspective, but I was WAY behind in homework after a family visit, and just grumpy in general. Maybe then I'd have your thankful attitude. I'm grateful for your post--it makes me remember my blessings.

Brittney said...

Love all the things you are thankful for! I would have to say I agree with you about being thankful for the election being over, not saying I am not patriotic but just glad all the debating and bashing is over! But love your list!

Monique said...

So this is great and I wanted to do a post of things I am grateful for next week, but a SERIES!? Now THAT is a good idea. Will I do it, probably not, but it's good to read yours. No utilities is great. The skirts and riding bikes was just optimism, not sarcasm. And how dare you say that you decorated with scrapbook paper and not post a picture! I think that is SUPER cool. (That is better than just normal cool.)