So...at the beginning of the season, my Christmas wish list looked like this:
Lindsey's Christmas suggestion list:
Hair straightener
Shade Shirts
Gift Cards to Bed Bath and Beyond
Picture frames
New long skirt
Cute boots
and Jason's looked like this...
Jason's Christmas suggestion list:
Lindsey trip to doctor to get hearing checked.
Lindsey to get contacts.
Lindsey to get her sprained wrist fixed.
Food Storage.
Then we bought a computer. So, I folded my list into halves, then half again, took three steps back and aimed for the garbage. (I didn't get it in the first time, but the second time worked like a charm!) I also remembered that my sweet husband asks for wheat grinders and food storage for his birthday/Christmas. (And though it probably seems naggy for a husband to want his wife to get a hearing aid, it really is one of those things I probably should have. Man I am just falling apart these days...can't drive at night...can't hear...and I swear my wrist is broken!)
At this point I began to feel really selfish, and childish. Christmas really isn't about what I want. Really I don't need anything. I can use an iron to straighten my hair. I have...enough...shade shirts. Anything from Bed Bath and Beyond would clash with the style of our 1970's apartment, my current skirts will help me remember life as a missionary, and my calves are probably too big for cute boots.
I concluded my thoughts with a question: "I wonder if they have something like this or comparable for a woman."
Either way....if I go missing over the holiday's....please find the closest dog house and drop a Wii game wrapped with my husbands name on it please. Maybe then they will let me out.
be sure to click on this and please note that the girl has cute boots. I don't know why she complained about the vacuum. At least she had cute boots.
2 comments:
HA HA HA! That was hilarious! Personally, I agree with your first list! Christmas is all about getting fun things! (okay...I should grow up a little). But seriously, your life does deserve a little zip and fun. I'd go a month without treats from the grocery store if it meant I could get a shade shirt out of it;)
i love your sense of humor! you are hilarious and i laugh every time i read your blog :)
very cute pics of your little christmas girl!
Post a Comment