
I am glad my husband is a boy and that boys likes "snakes, and snails, and puppy dog tails."
I am also glad geckos fit in that category.
Every single night this week a gecko has found its way in the house. Mind you--we aren't afraid of them. We just don't want them dying in our house especially since Noelle is terrified of anything that is little and moves. (We had ants for a while and I think my barbaric "take that!" ant dance and Lysol spraying did some mental damage). She finds little things now, that she thinks are ants and panics. She found some lint in the bathtub today and I had to chase naked buns down the hall because she was so sure it was an ant. She also refused to eat a grape today because the stem looked like...guess what...an ant. (BTW I am not afraid of bugs. This is inherited from Jason's side of the family).
Back to the geckos.
Jason has become a regular Gecko wrangler.
Its evolves a bouncing ball and some skillful corralling.
Unfortunately tonight did not end well.
The Gecko's tail came off.
EW. Snakes, and snail, and Gecko tails.
5 comments:
I would seriously FREAK OUT. I went walking this week and came across a snake and about won the Olympic high jump. I can do mice, spiders, bugs (Ben can't), but reptiles are in their own wild category.
Cool! A gecko in the house? Though I would rather them be outside you can at least learn more about them in your own comfortable setting. Compare sitting on the couch writing your observations to lying on your belly in a mosquito infested jungle scratching your observations in the sand. (Okay, you have a weird mom with a penchant for observation of anything wild.) Noelle needs to get serious about her studies...none of this speedy buns stuff!
Are geckoes like lizzards?
Yep. Just littler. The ones in our house have been able to crawl under our door. In fact there is ine in here right now and we cannot find it....
oh, i love lizzards! i think you're lucky you have them at home, i have to search for them at our dacha.
Post a Comment