Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gingerbread inc.

I Feel very accomplished as a homemaker since I baked gingerbread all by myself today. I did it while watching Julie and Julia which is a film about Julia Child and some foodie blogger named Julie. It was very fitting.
I decided
A. Gingerbread smells really good.
B. French cooking uses a lot of butter
C. Gingerbread dough rolls out better in cooler climates than Hawaii. (Imagine that!?!)

Tonight we made them into Gingerbread houses.
My dad and brother, who are both builders, will probably never hire Noelle or myself to be on their crew. Unless, they want the house to look like it just went through a hurricane and was decorated by Hansel and Gretel when they were in kindergarten.




My left brained, all logic husband, on the other hand, turned out to be creative and tidy resulting in a cute little candalicous cottage with a mailbox. (So that the Gingerbread men could get netflix and watch the extended version of the Lord of the Ring triology).


Cute i din it?

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Fun! I wish I could have been there! A little more practice and Dad could probably use all of you on his big gingerbread houses. I love Noelle's concentration as she is working.

Anonymous said...

nice houses