Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear jason Chronicals Part 7

HEY YOU!

You read my blog! You must have either been bored or you really miss me a lot. (Not much passes by me these days so if you thought you were being sneaky....you weren't!)

It was great talking to you today. I got off the phone and realized that we had almost talked for two hours. Not much has changed since we were dating. I can still talk to you forever as long as I am awake. I am lucky to have such a good friend.

Noelle woke up not long after I got off the phone with you. We played with her "boys" for a while, danced to some music and then I let her watch Elmo on netflix so I could work on my lesson. The lesson is on the birth of Christ, but focuses a lot on birthday's in general. (The Jehovah Witnesses are summoning their lightening bolts right now!). So I decided to make cupcakes for the kids and have a birthday party for each of them. (In a small reverent sort of way).

Thus the reason we ended up walking to Foodland. As I was leaving the house I heard the doorbell ring. It was the missionaries. As in....our missionaries. (whew!) We have a new guy. He is from California but looks Hawaiian. They came to ask if we could help fellowship a guy that they are teaching. I volunteered you with the caveat that you won't be back for a week. Then they wanted to mow my lawn. I told them that it was a crop and it wasn't time to harvest. They said, "No really Sister Maughan....we will mow your lawn." --I didn't realize it looked so bad. I guess it is all the rain we have been getting. (I mowed it a week ago--didn't I?)

I stopped by a park on the way to Foodland so that Noelle could play on the slides. No one was there so I tried to be the fun mom and ended up being the "Tickling Troll." A few other kids showed up and wanted to be chases around and growled at as well. I am sure that some parent somewhere was wishing that they had their video camera so that they could send it into America's funniest videos. They would call it, "Pregnant Tickling Troll trying to chase kids." Noelle was really funny and would command me to "STOP SWIPING!" I would tell her, "I'm not swiping I am tickling!" and she would say, "Ok then!"

Our walk was really nice. I LOVE the trade winds. It was beautiful weather and both of us enjoyed just being outside and looking at trees and flowers and listening to the birds. I really like Hawaii when there are trade winds. It is the rose colored glass to this place.

We got home for a late dinner. I think Noelle ate some cheese. Everything else was just ammunition. She helped me make cupcakes and by the time we were done she was definitely ready for her second bath of the day. I told her not to touch anything and then tried to pick her up and she said, "NO NO NO. Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!"

I know to any other parent that wouldn't seem that funny, but when your kid talks in slightly decipherable gibberish for so long, and then suddenly makes sense albeit out of context....it really is funny.

She was totally wired when I put her to bed, but I haven't heard a peep so hopefully all the chasing of the fat pregnant tickling troll wore her out sufficiently.

Now I must go work on my lesson and clean up cupcakes. (fun fun!)

No comments: