Sigh. I love our kid. I like being her mom. I told her that during lunch and she said, "I know. More juice, I mean milk, I mean juice, I mean milk...."
We had fun walking to Border's for story time. She INSISTED on walking, and did which is nearly a mile. (Can't imagine what that would be in kid feet). She took her time though; she looked at trees, picked flowers, sat and stared at the cracks in the sidewalk, and occasional ran back the way we had just come.
She did sit well for story time and was thrilled when they gave her a "Fancy Nancy" sticker.
We got a fun Valentines gift from my mom. She sent scratch and sniff cards and some outfits for Noelle.
Noelle and I mowed the lawn. It looks terrible. I went over it three times but the long stuff just bends under the mower. The stuff you sprayed has dried and all the burrs are out back. I should clean it up but it is such a pain and I am wishing I took the missionaries up on their offer to do it. (It would be good payback for the time they came to dinner and told me they had another meal right after...).
I've been working on "Reign". There are moments that I hate it, and moments that I love it. Surprisingly I hate it as I am writing it, but when I go back and read it, I usually like it. I have nowhere completed as much as I hoped to have completed while you are gone, but at least I have completed something. I will never read a book the same way again. It is a shame how fast I gulp books down. I never realized how many painstaking hours go into each paragraph.
Noelle and I played in the bath for a while before dinner. (This was after the first pee incident.) She had her sand shovel in the bathtub and sat on it. It startled her and she said, "Owie! That hurt like when dad sat on his knife." ( I know you think I am joking but that is honestly what I heard even after I asked her to repeat herself. Who knows....maybe reality tv got its start pre-mortally!)
I am going to try and take Noelle to the zoo tomorrow, which means I won't be calling. I wish there was a way around it, but its the best time of the day to go. Beside if I stay I will feel like I do have to clean up the burrs in back and that doesn't sound like a compatible alternative.
Love you bigger than my belly ache after eating too many oreos!
1 comment:
Just reading the first part of this post about your long walk--with Noelle enjoying all around her, I had to smile...she is soooo your daughter! Good job helping her learn to enjoy life:)
Post a Comment