Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't let the Sunshine Ruin your Rain. STAND UP AND COMPLAIN!

Instead of getting a baby this week--I got the flu.

It actually started with vomit-confetti-throwing on Sunday with poor little Noelley. We spent the day carrying around a bucket, doing lots of laundry, and ironically, getting uplifted by conference at the same time. (I should be struck by lightening for even complaining about life after so many talks about...not complaining. :)

Monday I got the flu and pretty much thought I was going to die. I told Jason I felt like a shriveled up millipede you would find a carcass of behind the refrigerator. Emotionally I was in the depths of despair because I was SURE that I was in labor for most of the day. (I guess it was just the aches from the flu).

Luckily, Jason took really good care of me all day and didn't even threaten to send me to an asylum for all my dramatics.

Today Noelle has the flu again. (Somehow she was fine Monday and is having a relapse).

Emotionally, I am feeling much more competent even though I haven't eaten in two days which is pretty much a record for me. The couches still have an acidic smell and I have let Noelle watch every episode of Dora the Explorer, but in all other regards we are good.


Now I do have some good news. Our family farm just got a new website. Go check it out here: Appenzell Farm


And here is a teaser picture of my brother jumping a fence to get to one of the chicken wagons.

3 comments:

maughans said...

Linds I hope you feel better soon

Shilae said...

Yuck, end of pregnancy and sick? Good luck not going past your due date.

Jenn said...

oh no! I'm so sorry! I sure hope it wasn't because we let Zion go to church that one day--I swear we thought he was clean!