I took a lot of pictures and even though I deleted a bunch (I am working on the kid's books and have decided I need to streamline my photo keeping/organizing skills I still couldn't decide which pictures NOT to show). MY kids are that photogenic. ... Even though Noelle had lunch on her face and her hair was kinky from yesterdays hairdo.
I know. Its just a picture of a boy stealing a baby wipe after a massive diaper change. Still. He is adorable.
Noelle is equally adorable but is going through a "I won't look directly at the camera or smile my real smile faze". I hope that faze ends soon. Along with the Sassafrass faze and the use my chapstick on her stuffed animals faze.
Arrrr. When is it Pirate day?
Jadon just makes me laugh and smile all day long. He has learned to click his tongue, which he does when he wants to be lifted up. How cute is that. (Even though it kind of resembles the noise you make to a horse go faster....which makes me the horse....)
He also loves his little head to be scratched and kissed. If you kiss him once he will lean his head in so you will kiss him again.
Noelle has a talent I have never seen a kid her age have. She always knows where we are and how to get home. She knows the way to church, the way to the store, and the way home. She is three people! Just don't ask her to obey because suddenly she only understands Swahili.
She also is learning words so fast and is a mini Amelia Bedilia. I am constantly laughing at things she says. "Mom! That's a mole?" (Pointing to a rodent.) "Just like the ones on your face!"
Sometimes she hears us wrong, and it gets really funny. Yesterday she kept telling me that she had strings in her hands when she took baths and that it made her so upset. I couldn't figure that one out until the next bath. (Her hands were shriveled....not strings).
I do enjoy that these two are playing together. It feels like Jadon has grown up faster because in a lot of ways he has just by having an older playmate. I used to believe all that folklore about middle kids being unlucky/unfortunate/un-everything. Now I think being middle is awesome. His sister wears me out, so he is spoiled. He has three times the attention, and by the time he is older I will be (maybe) smarter than I was with his sister. Middle=best spot in the family.
In proof-reading that sentence I have to clarify. I am not making some sort of announcement. True, he is not a "middle child" yet. We might get a dog. Then he will be the middle child.
3 comments:
There's nothing like a box! I just want to scratch and kiss that boys head and laugh with Noelle. You caught on about being the middle child. It is the best spot. The oldest kid is the experment in parenting, the one who has to soften up Mom and Dad, the hard worker who never quite lives up to abnormally high expectations (written by an oldest child.) The next kids coast on big sisters coattails. They think life is a party and that everyone loves them (which most the time everyone does.) Being unfirst looks pretty good to me!
Noelle uses your chapstick on her stuffed animals? You should be thankful. Mine gets used on Ghent's bum when he gets spanked. He calls it "bumstick." As in, "Mom, that hurt. Give me your bumstick." (as he's pulling down his pants)
Noelle and Olivia are the same person. Well, not the same as in the actual same being, but they have the same spirit and smarts. Olivia can tell us how to get anywhere, and knows the MOMENT we take a slight variation and are going a different way. She has asked about details of driving, and knows that I can turn right on a red light but not left. She knows that when the lines in the road are dashed, I could pass the car in front of me. It's crazy. Also, she won't look at the camera with any semblance of a "normal" face, and giving her instructions is like talking to brick wall. Ahh, bless those little oldest children. :)
Post a Comment