Jadon loves his sister, even when she gives him the choke-hold hug.
Noelle is so into trains right now. When she walks she says, "Chugga chugga." The other day we were crossing the street and she was pushing the stroller with Jadon in it. She wanted me to put my hands on her back and "shunt" her. I was confused. "Shunt?" I looked it up. I guess it is when one train pushes another train.
Noelle went on a date with her Dad for Valentines day. They went "to the hamburger place." (Red Robin). She got out her calender when she got back and wanted to commit her dad to schedule another "date" except next time she wanted to bring Thomas.
We've been reading Fancy Nancy and Noelle is picking up the vocabulary quickly. I am amazed at how fast she learns stuff. The pom poms on her favorite hat are now "plumes" because that is what Nancy would call it. ( I guess she thinks they are feathers).
We have a really good library system here. They have great story time activities and family activities. We went to a story time in the morning and then in the evening they had African Drummers that taught the kids stories and songs. There are moments that my inner analytical dancer comes out and I couldn't help but wonder, as I watched the kids totally enthralled by the drummers. One girl, on the front row couldn't contain her excitement and got up and started dancing. She was American, but she was moving like an African. It was so cool to see how music effects the way children move. (They are a clean sheet with little influence transposed on top of them.) It also made me a little jealous because I would love to move with the power and rhythm of African dancers.
I haven't put Noelle in any dance classes yet. I feel like this is bad of me (since dance is kind of my thing) but at the same time I am glad to just let her enjoy music the way her body interprets it.
Jadon eats toilet paper. Love it. He also can open the kitchen cupboards and pull out the garbage. Next thing you know he'll be asking for the keys to the car. Heck. He is already driving.....
No comments:
Post a Comment