Boots
I am most excited for spring so that people will stop wearing boots tucked into their pants. (are you offended yet?) I will admit, every now and again someone wears this style and I think it looks nice, perhaps even sophisticated. Most people are getting it wrong and the whole "look" is getting cliche. I was shopping the other day and even little old ladies had their grandma pants tucked into boots. Be gone boots!
My job
The other day I was struggling to find proof that I had done anything of worth during the week, which startled me because it had been a really nice week. Then I realized, apparently I excel at all things slow and lazy.
I have nothing to check off as far as grand accomplishments (I did not paint my entire house, do my entire family history, or organize a fundraiser). I did have a very enjoyable (chill) week with my kids. I love playing with my kids. I think maybe I didn't get ENOUGH of childhood which is not saying that my childhood was somehow short-changed, but that I just liked it enough I wish it lasted longer. And, now I am getting it.
I admire professional women, but I'll be honest: I like my job as a mom. I like pretending to make brownies in Noelle's pretend kitchen. I am just as obsessed with Thomas the Train as Noelle is. (They have two new engines that are fire engines and they are so cute!) I love holidays just so that I can have an excuse to add food coloring to our food, and I love going to the park. I even love going down the slides. Sometimes I would be embarrassed to admit this, because COME ON I am an adult!?! However, I have reached this zen place with accepting the fact that I DON'T NEED a profession, or even a ELABORATE HOBBY. I get to read books books all day, test recipes I've wanted to try, go for long walks, and just sit on the floor while Noelle does my hair. (Or turns it into a birds nest). I've even felt guilty, in the past, for not doing more schoolish/preschool things with Noelle, but as I said about my sudden zen--she is going to have to be in school for possibly up to twenty years of her life. We need to play while we have the chance!
The gym
I've started working out at a gym. I have never been to a gym that I like more than this one and would recommend it to anyone. (I wish they had them outside of Maryland). The classes are excellent, the teachers are SUPERB, and the students are so supportive.
The only hard part is that I usually go at five-thirty in the morning and it takes a lot of willpower to get up especially if I have had a typical nights sleep. (Typical being: Noelle wakes up at least once and Jadon wakes up at least once. Jadon usually cries himself back to sleep now, but Noelle has vivid dreams and usually needs to be consoled).
As I mentioned, the gym is amazing, and the very first week they took my measurements and follow-up with me from month to month. I didn't join to loose weight, but just because I like to feel strong and in shape. That said, I secretly hoped that I would shed some poundage.
Last week I was weighed and I had lost a grand total of.......... POINT FREAKING TWO POUNDS! Which is why, my friends, I work out to feel strong and not to loose weight. Seriously. A month of five-thirty's and not-a-nothing to show for it. That point two was probably milk weight since I had just nursed.
My favorite class they have is a zumba class. I go and GO CRAZY. (My hips are going shake OFF crazy!)
Jason and I have discussed moving out west, and have made some premeditative plans for such. With that in mind I mentally challenge myself to enjoy things here that I might miss someday. One of those things is my lovely ANONYMITY.
I go to the gym without even brushing my teeth. (Hello five-thirty!) No mascara. Sometimes my socks match. And then when we zumba......boy I go crazy and I don't even have to worry about what people might thing.
Food
Speaking of nursing. (We were speaking of nursing weren't we?) I am agonizing over weaning Jadon. I want to wean him because it is difficult for Jason to take care of him when I am not around and my calling sometimes makes it so he has to put him to bed without his super juice.
On the flip side, I think I might not wean him because then we will go broke. This kid is ALWAYS hungry. He gnaws on the table if you don't shovel food in fast enough. Noelle didn't hardly add anything to our grocery bill, and if she did it was so gradual it didn't even keep up with the cost of living increase. Jadon, on the other hand, doubled our grocery bill the day he started eating solids. I used to make my grocery list just from the dinners I had planned for the week. We ate oatmeal or granola for breakfast and left-overs for lunch. Now I am planning every single meal because not only does he eat a lot, he demands variety.
Birthdays
Jadon's birthday is in a couple of weeks. I have tons of ideas floating around in my brain of fun things to do for it. I loved how Hawaiians make a really big deal of the first birthday, so I contimplated a luau. Then I decided on an Island of Sodor Luau since we are so into trains right now. THEN I found this really fun Dr. Suess birthday party and I decided I could tuck away the train party for Noelle's birthday. THEN I got so worn out about just thinking about a party that I decided not to throw one at all.
This is the problem. If I go to the effort of throwing something big I want there to be people to enjoy it. Jadon doesn't really have any friends, so I would be inviting my friends. I wouldn't want to do it during the day because then Jason couldn't be there for it, and if I am inviting my friends I would have to find pairings of friends that get along and all their kids get along, and then what about Jason's friends......AWK!
Truthfully, it is probably better if we just celebrate it as a family. This is one of those times though that I wish we had some sort of family close by so I could get away with a medium amount of effort and a maximum of results.
If we are going to talk about Jadon's birthday we need to also talk about mine. (Ooops. Facebook has my wrong birthday so most people think it has already passed.....)
I already have a list of things I want for my birthday:
- Knee pads so that I don't wear out my pants when I wrangle my son
- A drain in my kitchen so I can just hose things down after a meal
The problem with MY birthday is no one thinks I am serious when I ask for things like this. I'm serious people. This is what I want.
Well, that is probably enough of an update about me. Did I offend anyone properly?
If not I might have to do this more often.

6 comments:
I agree about the boots. I also really don't like skinny jeans. Even if you are skinny, they don't always work for you. And I think that people think the terms skinny jean means that they make you skinny. They don't.
I love the boots-tucked-in look. I love it for spring boots, winter boots, any boots. It doesn't offend me that you don't like it though.
I would love to take a zumba class. *sigh* But we live in the country. I seriously miss the suburbs.
Hearing you write about playing with your kids and cooking makes me envious. I'm pregnant, have no motivation, my house is still partially unpacked--no pictures on walls...I just want to have everything put away, this pregnancy over with, and life get back to normal (as normal as having 3 kids will be).
I didn't mean to have such a long comment, but I think this is the first time I've commented on your blog when blogger isn't going crazy. I comment all the time, and it rejects me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this goes through.
I'm totally offended.
I was just starting to think that I needed boots.
But actually, speaking of footware, please check out chaco's new line of shoes. chacousa.com
wowsers. Seriously. they have some new sandals and maryjanes, and even some shoes that I think are the answer to prayers I never offered.
And I do hope you move out west. I'll even feed your hungry kid. And celebrate maximum your miminal birthdays.
They have new engines?! I'm offended right there. Why don't they show the new episodes in Russia?
Arlynda, I tried on skinny jeans once just so I could have a good laugh. It wasn't as funny as I had hoped.
Shilae, It takes an amazing amount of motivation to unpack your house when you are pregnant. It took me months and it drove me crazy the entire time. (Cause I didn't have said motivation! Sorry blogger always kicks you off...)
Dasha, I love you! You make me smile.
Brooke, checking out the link as we speak.....
Zumba is my favorite class too! Unfortunately, I don't have anonymity here, but that doesn't stop me from seriously shaking my booty. I love it!
Post a Comment