June ended with our anniversary that we celebrated very romantically while kissing each other goodbye so that I could get on a plane and fly to Utah in time for some wedding action involving my brother and his now-wife Rachel.
I threw a bridal shower all by myself. (Pats back with hand). I am not a cutesy crafty girl by any stretch of even the best imagination. But I think I pulled of a pretty good shower. I kept food simple and healthy by serving crudites in shot glasses, fruit skewers, caprese crotini, yogurt pretzles and monkey bread. Instead of games I had guests write down the story of their first kiss, without names and obvious details. As Rachel unwrapped presents we read them and tried to guess who they belonged to. GENIUS. It was funny, endearing, and helped everyone get to know each other. Some of my cousins who were too young to have kissed even made up stories that were really funny. I loved hearing about the first kiss from people like my grandma and my old stake presidents wife.
Jason was able to make it just in time for the wedding. Jesse and Rachel were married in the Logan temple. After the wedding we took pictures, Jesse and Rachel left the temple via a horse drawn carriage (pulled by our awesome dentist), and the rest of the guests went to a dinner at the park. The next day they had a reception in my parents yard. It was all lovely. I love my new sister and I am so glad that I got to be there for all of the fun.



For the first time in our whole married life we got to spend the fourth of July with family. Can I just say: Cousins make things so much better. We ran from party to party and Noelle and Jadon loved doing sparklers and watching fireworks with cousins.
Then a wonderful thing happened. I left my kids for the FIRST TIME EVER and went house-hunting with Jason. I am so grateful for family. I was stressed out about leaving my little sweety (terrist) pies, but our wonderful (patient, kind, longsuffering) family watched them for us. It was so helpful. We saw over thirty houses in three days. By day two I had become convinced that there was no way we were going to buy something. We would find exactly the right house and it would have some weird major flaw. The last three houses we were shown ended up being our top three houses.
We are still in the process of closing on THE house which means we are currently living in a hotel. It is tolerable. I have my days. The kids have their days. I try to pretend I am on vacation and that helps.
Our proximity to family has been awesome. We've gone home to visit cousins, attend homecomings, go to reunions, and even got to crash my sisters and bro-in-law's vacation to Jackson all without a single plane ticket.
4 comments:
Junley is a good name for it! We're glad you guys are back in the "area" which may not be next door but is a heck of a lot better than across the country!
Yay, an update!!! It all sounds wonderful, especially the leaving of the kiddos for three days. That's on my to-do list.
And you're looking super thin and beautiful by the way.
Bonus friend points for Shilae. :)
So happy you're close to family. What a blessing! Hooray for a new house and not living in a hotel!
Post a Comment