Monday, October 3, 2011

Help those computers feel better!


Ah September. You were a good month.

Ill begin with some antetodes about my two favorite short people. Both involve Sundays--pretty much my most favoritist day of the week. (Ha ha ha).

I just got called to the primary as a teacher. I sit in the row behind Noelle. In our last ward she did pretty good about holding still and behaving. This ward? All she wants to do is hold hands with the boys on BOTH SIDES OF HER.

Jadon is also super fun at church. Since his favorite past time is eating and making noise sacrament meeting is a real joy. The hardest thing for him to understand is why he only gets one piece of bread. Most weeks we take the sacrament and them I have to haul him out because he is "protesting." Two weeks ago he got smarter and just chased the deacons all the way up to the sacrament table.

I'm just concerned that we are going to have to have Family Home Evening lessons where everyone practices sitting on a chair until the kids are teenagers....and we might miss some other important gospel topics in the meantime.


I started a preschool Co-op with some gals in the ward. It has been fantastic. I pretty much invited myself into the group because I wanted to do it so bad. We have done some really fun things with the kids: lots of art projects, dancing, outdoor fun, a visit to a farm where the kids hauled hay and rode in a haywagon and then picked vegtables.

I need to be better about bringing a camera. This was my week. We did all things Bugs, Bubble, and Balls. Here the kids are doing bottle bubbles.


This was a project I did just with my own kids. It was post a be (Noelle voice) finger painting with corn and apples for stamps. Ha ha ha. Ohhhhhhhhhh. Like anything ever goes as planned. Jadon just ate everything in front of him, thus the blue lips. (I'm making my own finger paint next time so the kid doesn't keep ingesting toxic materials). Noelle made a royal mess and then everyone (except me) ended up naked running through the sprinklers in the back yard. Tell me? How is it that childrens activity ends up with messy children stripping and running streaker like? Is it just my kids?



Noelle to her Dad: "I don't need a babysitter! I'm not a baby. I need a Noelley sitter!"


This next one is a favorite. Why is Jason mowing the lawn with a backpack? Training for something?



Nope. I told him I couldn't get anything done with a wild child running around the house so he took that wild child out for some yard work. Warning: Object might seem more docile in mirror than in real life. I still didn't get all that much done. I was having too much fun laughing fromt he kitchen window.

Sometimes I love the blurry-no-one-is-looking-at-the-camera pictures even though they are blurry and no one is looking. :) Jadon's outfit? He was meant to be a farmer boy. He loves his overalls. The kids are a terror at Lowes. TERROR. I'm surprized we haven't been kicked out yet. Knowing that I am not sure why I like this picture. Proof I survived? Who knows.

Ah yes. Now to show you the fruit of Septembers labor. Achem. May I present to you:
Ten boxes
Two people
fifteen hours (ish)
Four days and
170 Jars




I'm lucky that Jason isn't just supportive he also runs half the operation. (Cause let me tell you....canning is a lot of work!)Jason kept two pots going in the garage while I filled jars in the kitchen. It was cute...he even figured out a way to involve a computer. (He was using the laptop as a timer). I love my computer nerd. :)


From the kitchen I did a quick boil on the fruit, peeled like mad, sliced, filled, poured ect.... The result has been yummy and the kids love them so I guess the results are all worth it.

Last weekend was family day at Jason's job. It was really cool to see his workplace and find out a bit more of what he does. Jason explained it to Noelle and so now her cheer before he goes to work is, "Be good at work! Don't let anyone be mean to you! Help the computers to feel better!!!"

4 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

I think my nerd has the same shirt as your nerd, how funny.
And I think you've been holding out on me. That kitchen is amazing. Lucy saw it and said, "I want that kitchen." I love the pictures on the shelves.

Barbie said...

Thanks for the great update!

Campbells said...

Sorry about the phone drop yesterday! It was fun to log on and see all the updates! Your house looks great! I love the kitchen! The yard looks very nice, and all that bottled fruit looks wonderful! Cute little kiddies! My #2 says "Hi!"

AmberLynn said...

Mark and I had a good laugh over this post! I'm impressed by all the canning. I'm afraid I'm the only one in my family that doesn't do it. Can I use the excuse that I also have the smallest kitchen? :)