I believe in, and endorse the ideas presented in the book, The Last Child in the Wilderness. My children NEED outside time. I NEED them to have outside time. I let them take risks, make messes, build forts, climb trees, play in creeks, and I don't holler too loudly when my flowers end up in braided wreaths for their hair.
I do not endorse, or believe in the practice of drawing with dog poop all over my garbage can, which is what one of these children and her brother where doing while I made lunch. I also am totally disturbed by the fact that the consequence of their actions (cleaning it) didn't seem to repulse them. Maybe there should have been a chapter about that in the book.
1 comment:
I love the hair wreaths! So, what kind of plant are they out of. I'm going crazy here trying to identify the leaf and flower....great idea (the wreaths, not the dog poop drawing!)
Post a Comment