Thursday, February 26, 2015

Family Trip: Part 2

Dustin and Ciara were kind enough to let us stay the night at thier house, and then Dustin shuttled us to the airport. It helped so much! We hadn't told the kids they were going on vacation until the night before. I had told the kids we were taking Jason to the airport. That night Jadon was really sad that Jason was leaving so I told him and Noelle we were getting on the plane too. They thought that was cool. (I still didn't tell them what we were doing...)

I packed the kids their own backpacks. They were so good on the plane eating their snacks and looking at their stuff. Jadon can't remember ever being on a plane but this is like his 7th plane ride.


He couldn't wait to get on the plane--mostly so he could play on Jason's Ipad. Funny thing was...the second we were in the air he was asleep and he slept the entire trip.
Because Sydney was a lap child she had to sit on Jason's side of the plane. She didn't want to so Jason and I swiched places. She didn't like that either. The stewardess kept explaining that she needed to be in her seat....blah blah blah. all the while Sydney was doing the melted ice cream trick where you can't hold onto her because she suddenly turns limp and her body runs down your leg and then down the isle. Lap kids. Oie.

We struggled with her for the majority of the ride and then this happened. We call it the China Hat phenomenom. (A reference to me and my childhood of falling asleep at a certain landmark that happens right before our families cabin.)


It was crazy, but we made it! Look how happy we are! (This picture was taken before Jason had to drive in California traffic. So let it be written!!!) More to come!


No comments: