Jacob 4:13
...for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be...
What is more real? What you REALLY felt and looked like at the moment, or what you see and feel when you look back? I wanted a practically perfect picture of my four kids. ( Ididn't expect perfectly perfect...but something a little photoshop could pull off...)I didn't get a single one. We laughed a lot, I lectored a bit, and there was one kid who did get a straighten-up swat on the behind...Honestly, it was a lot of chaos and in the moment it just felt like another regular day.
I see frozen portions of my littles and I see things a little bit more of the way that they are...and what someday they will be.
A beautiful big sister who diligently looks after her siblings, who is mature and young-at-heart at the same time. A baby who trusts her (he is rightly more cautious with the others...) I see his little face...who is he? What will he become?
I sense friendship that is beyond memories here. Sibling hearts tethered to one another dispite disputes and stregthened by growing together, and growing up alongside each other.
The hardest one to see, REAL TIME, is the one who is moving even in pictures. Who is untucked, sandy, and frenetic at any given moment. But, whose heart is as big as his smile. Who loves his sisters and little brother, the wii, and his parents. (In that order).
With her there is stillness, a sneaky, thinking, planning stillness. A seriousness, a thoughtful, purposeful, adapting seriousness. A sweetness, a loving, laughing, living sweetness. With her I see my "other" baby in a beautiful growing up body. With her I see the relativity of time and how it borrows a slow moving infancy and spits out a teenage toddler in a moment that should have kept a similar growth pace until suddenly it didn't.
Being a mom, having a family, is quite the ride.
1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts and pictures Lindsey!
Post a Comment